nineteen

The ride was silent with light music playing in the background. Besides the little conversation we had about mashed potatoes and the various ways you can make potatoes. Only drunk me would be able to hold such a dumb conversation topic. He comes over to my door and helps me out while I stumble a little, leaning against him for support. He closes it and helps me walk to his front door.

"You're so cute." I mumble.

"Ohh am I?" He says, his voice low and quiet.

"Yeahhhh." I reach up to caress his face, then let go when I become unbalanced. I giggle and we enter his place. I stumble over to his room which is up the stairs, while he's closing the door. I misplaced a foot or two.

"Shit- Stop going upstairs by yourself." He comes up behind me, wrapping an arm under my arm. I wrap one over him and use the other to hold the rail. "Drunk you is so hard to take care of.. Where are we going?"

"Your room." I mumble. "Obviously."

"Uh- What?" He was taken aback, but I didn't question it. "Are you sure? The guest room is-"

"Yeah cutie. I wanna sleep with you." I giggle, looking at him with a drunk smile, which probably looks dorky. "Dream.."

"Hm?"

"Clay, do you love me? I love you." He led me to the guest room, which I tried to protest about, but couldn't because of how drunk I was. We sit down on the bed next to each other. "I have loved you since we met. I told (Drista's name) that I loved you. The pinky promise we made at dinner that one night? That was her promise to not tell you that I love you."

"You're drunk, (Y/n)." He says, looking at me before standing up.

"Maybe I am, but I'm telling the truth." I rubbed my eyes, sleepily, biting my bottom lip.

"If you tell me this when you're sober, then maybe I'll believe you." He huffs, walking out of the room.

"Yeah. I'll tell you when I'm sober. One day." I yawn and lay myself down in the bed, getting under the covers and cuddling up in the blankets. "Someday you'll know how much I love you."

"I love you too." I hear, but it doesn't register. Sleep quickly swallows me up.

+++

"Did I say anything ridiculous last night? I feel like I did, but I can't pinpoint it." I downed another glass of water and ate the food that Clay made.

"You just talked about potatoes the majority of the night. Something I feel like Technoblade would talk about. You were kind of quiet though. Almost fell down the stairs climbing them by yourself." He chuckled.

"GOD not the potatoes! I did that with Dani last time I was drunk, but with pasta." I sigh and shake my head. "Also, you shouldn't have carried me. I get emotional and needy for attention when I'm drunk, from what I learned with Dani. She witnessed my first drunken episode. I only had like 2 shots and I was already so hammered that night. It was my birthday that day so I felt so much worse about it."

"Sounds like a fun time." He took my glass and filled it back up with water, waiting for me to finish eating.

"My car is still at Marc's boyfriend's house by the way. We should stop by there later so I can pick it up." There was a long silence before I realized what I was missing. "SHIT I HAD WORK TODAY." I panicked.

"They called, speaking of. Asking where you were. I answered your phone," He slid over my phone from across the table. "It fell out of your pocket on the way upstairs. Oh right, so I answered it and told them you're gonna take a few sick days off."