twenty nine

Chatter erupted throughout the house, though there weren't many people here like a party, it was still very lively and welcoming. We, as in me, Clay, and his family, were all eating dinner, chatting and sharing Christmas stories and traditions. It was a nice time, very chill. Presents were filled beneath the tree, I'm assuming mostly for Drista and Clay's family.

The family was talking about Clay's past Christmases, especially when he was a kid, but I was too focused on telling Clay about the crush I have on him. Do I tell him tonight or tomorrow? Tonight might not work since his family is over. Tomorrow might be better, but I have to tell him eventually instead of hiding the feelings. I've sucked it up for a long time and hid the fact, denied it multiple times.

I shake my head and continue listening to the conversation, but dinner seemed just about finished. Clay moved onto the living room, talking with his father and his siblings. I'm guessing that I should put on a movie or music in the background. His mom was helping out with the dishes, to which I got up and began helping her.

"You okay dear?" His mother spoke up, startling me.

"I- I'm fine." I gave a soft smile, trying to distract myself from the situation that I was thinking of. "Actually," I pondered a bit, making sure I was out of earshot of Clay. "I have a crush on Clay and have for a while. I don't know how to tell him. Every time I try to bring it up, I always end up forgetting about it or I just change the subject."

"Oh dear. I can assure you, you'll be fine. Have it come out naturally and when you think it's right." She winked and we both fell silent, cleaning the dishes. Clay walked in moments later to help us finish.

"Present time. I have gifts for everyone." He smiled at the two of us, pulling us into the living room after we finished. He began handing out gifts, everyone had a good 3 gifts, the kids having a small amount more. He handed me a box, that was it. Either way, I was grateful. I didn't expect much anyways.

I watched as everyone opened their things and gifts, softly smiling, wanting to save mine for tomorrow. Near the end, everyone got comfy, watching Christmas movies, and much to my objection, Drista and Clay's mom made me sit by Clay for the movies. It was slightly awkward at first, mostly because his family was around, but I got comfortable.

+++

Clay slightly shoved me awake. I was laid down on the couch, a blanket covered me nicely. "Hey sleepyhead." He whispered, his voice low and calm. "My family left a little while ago and I wanted to know if you're alright with going to your bed."

I yawned, still feeling heavily sleepy. "Can you carry me?" I mumbled, almost feeling embarrassed to ask.

"Sure." He smiled, standing up and reaching down to grab me. I helped him a bit by sitting up. He puts his arms around my waist and I put mine around his neck. He's carrying me like a child rather than bridal style. He goes up the stairs, walking the way to my room. "Any reason you didn't open your gift?"

"I like opening them the morning of Christmas." I mumbled, nuzzling my face into his neck, yawning a bit afterwards. I felt him heat up a little bit, but his warmth went away when he lightly set me down on my bed. Before I could protest, he slipped out of my room and I got comfortable, laying back down and falling asleep.

+++

I woke up and looked at the small box on my nightstand, the one from Clay, sighing shortly after. I sat up, rubbing my eyes and getting myself to wake up, only to reach over and grab the box. I brought it to my blanketed lap, rubbing my thumb over it. What if it's something like Clay kicking me out or something bad? But he wouldn't do that, would he?

"I don't wanna open it yet." I mumbled to myself, putting the box back onto my nightstand.

A knock was heard at the door and it opened after I said to come in. "Open your present yet?"

"I was just about to." I smiled, picking the box back up to cover up that I was just about to wait.

"Cool. I wanna see your reaction." He smiled, pausing for a moment before sitting down next to me on the bed.

I reached my fingers over to untie the ribbon, looking at the cute packaging of the box. "Clay, I swear to god if you're kicking me out.." I slightly laughed, making him laugh as well.

"I would never." He gasped playfully. "I wouldn't dare."

I slid the lid off and froze. A beautiful crystal necklace sat atop the cushion. I gasped, lightly brushing my fingers over it to take it out. "It's beautiful."

"You're beautiful." He mumbled, lightly taking it out of my hand and getting up to put it on me. He didn't say it very loud, but I heard him, blushing at the compliment.

I sprung out of bed to have him put it on me as I watched in the mirror. His chest was pressed against my back and I leaned into it, wanting us to stay like this forever or as long as possible. I look away from the mirror and up at him, smiling. "It's so pretty."

He stepped back, I'm guessing to admire me, but I'm not paying attention. I'm looking at the necklace on me, thinking of what I could wear with this.

"Thank you." I say, almost to a whisper. "I need to share something with you."

"Oh, sure, of course. Anything for you." He sayid.

"After I change though. I wanna get out of the clothes from yesterday." I say, grabbing him and shoving him out of my room while I turn on my heel to change.

I quickly changed into some clean clothes and fixed myself up a bit so I didn't look as tired. When I opened the door, Clay was awkwardly standing outside of my room, waiting for me to tell him the thing I've been meaning to for ages. I pulled him back into my room and shut the door, only realizing that I pushed him against the door with my hand accidentally as I was shutting it. We were very close to each other and both of our breathing stopped for a minute.

"I like you." I blurted, retracting my hand from his chest and slapping it over my mouth. I cursed at myself.

"Like a friendship or more than a friendship?" He questioned, sarcasm dripping from his tongue slightly. A blush crept onto his face, as well as mine.

"Clay." I was flushed red, trying to not embarrass myself, but if it couldn't get any worse, I placed my hands around his neck and pulled him downwards, too scared to kiss him. "I really really like you." I whispered, feeling his hands wrap around my waist.

"Good. Because I like you too." He mumbled, his hot breath sending shivers down my spine. "Can I?"

I nodded only to feel our noses brush, shortly after feeling his lips on mine. He pulls me closer each second we kiss longer. I pulled away to catch a breath, leaning my head on his chest. "I wanted that for so long." I mumbled, looking up at him. His warmth fuels me.

"Me too, (Y/n). Me too." His breaths were heavy, but he pulled me in for a second kiss. It was much more passionate than the first, but much nicer and less awkward. I pulled away to regain my breath again and hid my blushing face in his chest. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." I stepped up for another kiss.