twenty five

TW // mentions of drug use , mentions of death , funeral talk, mentions of overdose (dead parent stuff ya know...)

Reader POV

-----------------------------------

Celestia left me alone in the kitchen, going over into her room. My tears were running down my face, without me knowing. I reached up and touched my cheeks, soaked and red. I slowly dragged myself to the room me and Clay were staying in, stumbling from the shock a few times. I waited a second. He's on a discord call? Mentioned something about being anxious. I hated hearing him say that he's feeling anxious about being here. It made me feel worse.

Before I knew it, I stood in the doorway and he completely stopped chatting, leaving the call he was in. He stared at me for a good amount of time. It's been a while since I've been this vulnerable with him. "(Y/n)?" He adjusted himself to sit more up against the bed frame. All I could do was look down, close the door, and drag myself over to the bed.

I forced every being in my body to not just go over and hug him for comfort. I forced every being in my body to head over to my half of the bed. When I finally laid my drained self on the bed, I couldn't help it. I was just going to lay there and deal with it, but I turned and reached out to Clay, grabbing onto his hoodie he was wearing. I slowly scooted myself towards him and wrapped my arms around him, cuddling into the side of him. I buried my face into the side of him, wiping my tears into his hoodie. I pray that he doesn't mind.

I mumbled something, hoping he could hear me through the muffled sounds.

"My parents are dead."

I couldn't hold back, as much as I wanted to. I let myself cry. I let it all out, all the pain and agony. I felt his body stiffen from shock. I don't think this was news that he wanted to hear. Now I feel worse. I placed a hand on my back and rubbed it, but removed it after adjusting us to laying down on our sides. I'm now facing him, face into his chest, sobbing like crazy.

He's using a hand to hold me close, comforting me the best he can without saying anything. The other hand, he went back to rubbing my back. He didn't say anything, nor tried to tell me it's going to be okay. It's okay if it's not going to be okay. Their funeral is tomorrow, weird timing.

"They died a few days ago, overdosed. Celestia goes over every once and a while with cooked food to make sure they're okay and eating well. They weren't answering their door because usually they would. She found the door unlocked and they weren't breathing. The medics that were called said they died earlier that morning." I lifted my head slightly to see Clay watching me carefully, but I place my head back down in his chest because it feels heavy. "She didn't text me to let me know because she thought I wouldn't want to hear it over a text or phone call."

He didn't say anything. He only hugs me closer.

I eventually fell asleep, calm and drained out from crying.

+++

Today was the day of the funeral. I was waiting for Clay to be finished. Since we were unprepared, Celestia pulled through with the funeral wear. She had a suit that surprisingly fitted Clay and a dress that fitted me, laying around. She hung onto the important things, not like a hoarder. Just the important things. Like a good suit from her late husband.

I waited outside, watching the snow fall. It was beginning to stick which meant we probably weren't able to do much while visiting. We could visit a museum or go to the park or visit the grand Christmas tree in the center of town. We could go sledding or something if he's up for it. Maybe there's an event in town. I'll have to ask Celestia later.