thirteen

With a yawn from me, he looks over at me, "Tired?"

"Mhm.." I wanna say no, "Yeah. I think I'm going to drive home-"

"I don't think you should drive this late. Plus you're tired and you could fall asleep at the wheel." He says, taking the popcorn bowl and putting it on the table in front of him.

"Fine. What do-" Another yawn, "You suggest Mr. Clay?" I slowly looked at him, only to yawn again, covering my mouth in embarrassment.

"To sleep here." He rolled his eyes, then chuckled his signature chuckle. "Obviously." His voice was low, much quieter than his talking. "Come 'ere-" He patted his lap.

I shot my eyes open and moved my head slowly, noticing that I'm laying my head on a sleeping Clay's lap. I fell asleep, from the looks of it. What happened was Clay was still watching movies and I slowly started to lean over. Originally, I was trying to get comfortable on his shoulder, but I think he moved me over to his lap and I instantly felt more tired than before. It was much more comfortable anyways.

I didn't quite fall asleep, I think I was still awake, trying to get up to leave, but Clay kept telling me to lay back down and that it wasn't safe for me to leave for how tired I was. I don't blame him, but I feel bad for falling asleep on him. I didn't really question it, I was tired and comfortable. As long as I was comfortable and he was fine with it, I was fine with it.

I moved my head back in a comfortable spot, scared to wake him up. Letting out a short sigh, I close my eyes. Clay's fingers slowly, impulsively, brushed through my hair. I don't move, it feels kind of nice. He's still asleep. He's asleep, right? I try my best to stay really quiet, but his breathing stays the same like it was before I moved. Good, he's still asleep. At least.. I hope so.

I let out a sigh, slowly and quietly. For once, I'm not "uncomfortable". I mean, this is a little weird still. The calm combing through the hair, falling asleep at his house, laying on his lap, all when we aren't dating, but at this point, I'm not as bothered by it as I was a couple weeks ago. I fell back to sleep shortly after. He was just so gentle, I couldn't help but melt away as his soft touches.

+++

I woke up to screaming from a nearby room, checking my phone to see the time, but realizing it was dead. I looked for a time somewhere, maybe a microwave clock, but to no avail did I find one. Giving up, I go to where the screaming is and knock, waiting a couple minutes before coming in. He didn't have it locked so what's the harm? I rub my tired eyes while tapping on his shoulder.

"Clay-" I take a pause and look at his monitors, one with Minecraft opened and one with the call he's in. Sapnap, George, Bad, and Ant. "Shit, I'm sorry." I hurried out of the room, remembering this is the room he told me not to go into. I facepalmed in real life. God I'm such an idiot. I was not awake enough to even notice. Dammit.

I heard him saying something like, "I'll be right back" or "Gonna be back, hold on". He walked out of the room, looking over at me who had returned on the couch. "Hey- uh- whatcha need?" He tries to hide the fact that I was just in his recording room. I try to hide the fact that I was just in his recording room.

"Uh- I-I just woke up, and-uh, was wondering if y-you had a charger. My phone is dead." I avoid any and all eye contact with him. I don't want to make it awkward, or weird. It's already weird and awkward. I should've just knocked and waited for him to come out. I didn't-

"Yeah, come here." He walked back in the direction of the room and sighed, but stopped right before he reached the room. "You coming?" I get up and catch up to him, trailing behind him in small steps, looking down at the ground and him every once in a while.