twenty two

Halloween went by so quick, but nothing really happened. We didn't hand candy out since Clay was fearful of kids recognizing him, but we did watch from the window. It was so weird seeing some kids dressed up as the Dream Team, but it was cute nonetheless. We just watched some movies and hung out with Patches.

Today was the day I was going to ask Clay if he wanted to go up north with me. It's fine if he says no, I totally get that. He's probably busy with family or friends, or even recording. I think he's been working on recording a manhunt or something like that for Thanksgiving. I take a deep breath and unlock the door, entering the house and announcing that I was back from work.

I didn't receive an answer so I assumed he was recording or on a stream. I let out a heavy sigh and took off my shoes, running up the stairs to change into more comfortable clothes. When I did, I fell onto the bed in exhaustion. I think I might quit the bakery. Even though I don't work as often as I did, it's still draining me quite a bit and I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

Don't get me wrong, these past 4 to 5 months have been amazing working only one job and being able to support myself before and after moving in with Clay. But.. I just don't enjoy it much anymore. Not only do I have extra money because I don't pay rent anymore, the changes that the new boss is making to the bakery are different and it doesn't feel comfortable anymore.

It's all modern and new and techy, it's something the original owners wouldn't approve of, but unfortunately they can't really do much about it. They're on their deathbed.

I randomly got a DM from one of my mutuals on twitter randomly. Someone I used to play minecraft with a lot, bed wars and sky wars specifically.

hey you up for a call to play some minecraft? we haven't done that in a few months..

maybe in an hour? i just got home from work :)

you're fine! i just wanted to ask if you wanted to play minecraft because it's been a good couple of months.

i don't really have a pc, well my laptop, but i can't find the mouse for it like at all. i'm gonna ask my friend if i can borrow his pc lol

what who's this friend

uh my roommate, you wouldn't know him

I tried to quickly change the subject, but he didn't budge.

you moved in with someone or did they move in with you?

i moved in with someone

what's their name?

uh he,,, doesn't have one??

(y/n) don't be a dumbass

charles don't push about it, not a lot of people know

well tell me then

no

why not

i won't play minecraft with you

fine fine fine i'll let it go for now

I sighed and went back downstairs to grab myself a snack, cereal specifically. A small cup and ate it quickly. It's a snack for a reason. Isn't meant to be a whole meal. I heard the recording room open and pitter patter footsteps, I'm guessing belonging to Patches. I bent down when she came over to me to receive attention. Clay slowly followed suit, glancing over at me washing the cup in the sink.