eight

"I still don't know where we're going." I say, looking over at Clay. We drove another hour.

"And you won't know. We're almost there, 30 minutes. Give or take." He looks over at me and holds his hand out as if he's trying to make a deal. I look at him weirdly, but take the opposite hand of mine and shake his hand. For a brief moment, I panic and my mind goes blank. His hand is so soft and nice. I jerk my hand away and abruptly look out the window, watching the trees and buildings and cars next to us pass. I unfocus and watch his reflection in the window. He huffs, shaking his head.

I'm trying to hide my crimson flushed face, focusing on the outside rather than the reflection. I'm such a creepy weirdo, but his hand was so soft. I'm distracted once again, and saw his reflection in the window. He softly smiled and bopped his head to the tunes on the radio. His phone started ringing and I saw him pick it up, placing it against his ear.

"Oh hey, sorry. I, no, I can't today. I'm out of town and nowhere near my house." He pauses, I guess waiting for an answer back. "Yeah, sorry dude. I totally would've, but I'm taking a friend of mine somewhere." He keeps referring to me as a 'friend'. He did that when he streamed yesterday, I believe. I don't think he means it. I mean, he barely knows me. "Ah. Okay. Uhm. Just tell them I can't help out. Sorry! I really can't. I'm like 3 hours away." I heard an "OH SHIT" from his phone. "Ouch dude, my ear." He chuckled. God his chuckle.

I closed my eyes and opened them looking down. I wonder who he was talking to. Only a number of his friends actually have his number. Maybe George or Sapnap? Or someone completely not part of the Dream Team.

"Uhm, there's traffic up ahead, but I'll text you later." He said goodbye and hung up. "Sorry, a friend was having trouble."

"A friend close by or online?" I asked. It was only fair, he asked me about my friendship with Dani.

"Online." He answered with a sigh. "There wasn't really a special way like you and your friend, if you were wondering. Just friends since we were teenagers." Definitely Sapnap then.

I open my phone and see the amount of texts I have from Dani, speaking of her.

hey

hey

hey

hey

why aren't you answering?

did you die?

(Y/n)????

Hello???

HELLO????

Plus dozens of unanswered calls and voice messages. I called my voice message box and the first message was a calm "Why aren't you texting me back? Are you asleep?" and then they got louder. "WHERE ARE YOU?? DID YOU DIE??? KIDNAPPED???" I'm pretty sure he heard that because he chuckled quietly to himself. I sighed, calling her in defeat.

"(Y/N)! WHAT THE FUCK??? WHY DIDN'T YOU TEXT BACK OR CALL!??? I'VE BEEN WORRIED ABOUT YOU!" She screams into the phone.

"I'm sorry. I should've called. My phone died and I can only charge it in the car. I'm with you-know-who, and like 3 hours or something away from my home. No, I don't know where I'm going and he won't tell me." I answered. "BUT I was not kidnapped. I went willingly."

"Oh, OH. HIM??" She realized who exactly I was talking about.

"Yes, him." I said, biting my bottom lip nervously. She giggled on the other side.