four

Finally home and off for a couple days. I was watching (well, listening to) youtube on my TV as I browsed my socials on my phone. Dream posted a picture on twitter, him in an all over smile face hoodie. Him, the faceless man that only a few people have seen. His friends and family. And me. I locked my phone and grabbed a pillow to hug. "Maybe it wasn't Dream at the bakery and I'm going insane and the man's name was just a coincidence. Maybe I need a break from watching him. An internet cleanse."

I sighed and looked at the time. "It's only 7pm. Maybe I should go on a walk, the park isn't closed yet." I mumbled, getting up from the couch and turning off the tv. I went to my room to change into something more comfortable, not work clothes. I grabbed my pepper spray since it's late and I'd be alone. I grabbed my phone, and keys and left my apartment.

It was a small walk to the park, the sky trickled with an orange, pink, purple, and red glow and gradually gets darker the more the sun fell and the moon rose. I walked and watched, not paying attention to where I'm going, but at this point I don't care much. My mind wandered a bit. I wonder how my family is doing since I moved away. I wonder if they're thriving without me, or if they miss me. They haven't dared to reach out in months and I don't blame them. I wouldn't talk to me either.

I sighed and watched the sky turn darker and darker. I watched the stars slowly form and scatter across the night sky, then I bump into someone. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking at where I was going, I didn't mean to run into you-"

"You're fine." It's his voice and I stopped talking, completely refusing to look at him. My head is down, my eyes are burning into his shoes, my mouth is clamped shut, and my breathing comes to a halt. I can't seem to move or speak. "Oh hey, you're, (Y/n)? From the bakery, right?" He smiled, I could feel it. I could suddenly feel my head nod. "Are you alright?" His voice is laced with concern as he notices I'm not moving, or speaking, or looking at him.

I swallowed for no reason, letting go of an anxious breath. "Y-yeah." I mumbled, moving out of the way so he can get passed, but he doesn't budge.

"Oh come on now," He gently grabbed my arm and walk me over to a bench nearby, slowly. I tear up slightly, he really is right in front of me. We sat. He closely watched me to make sure that I am now breathing, which I am. "Kinda crazy that we run into each other so much."

"Y-yeah I guess." I mumbled, loud enough so that he could hear me. He got on his phone and tweeted some shit or replied to someone because my phone started buzzing. He looked at me confused. "Sorry, my friend is probably texting me." I hold in a breath, and turn his notifications off and 'text my friend back'. He was probably like "coincidence? I think not!" in his head and I just about lost it. I let go of another breath I didn't realize I was holding and legit texted my friend.

it's him. he's sitting next to me.

WHAT girl istg ur so lucky

no im not. it's just coincidence.

huh??? nah, first the grocery store, then the bakery, and now y'all are in the same room?

no, we're at a park. i ran into him on accident

OH oh OH SO YALL ARE

NO NO NO

NO TF WE ARENT

i just ran into him. i walked to the park, was too distracted looking at the sky and bam, i run into Dream's chest

is he warm?

DANI not the time idk what to say or do or

"Who's your friend? Is everything okay?"

"Oh yeah, she's my only like, real friend. She's chill. We met in a reply section of a youtuber's twitter." I answer, quickly sending the current text. "I thought her tweet was funny."

i have to go, i'll text you later.

"Oh? Which youtuber, if you don't mind me asking." He was intrigued, genuinely, and seemed happy I wasn't in a panicked state anymore.

"No of course not. His name's Dream, you might've heard of him, he grew pretty fast in the minecraft community." I said, pretending I didn't know it was him sitting next to me, which made me more nervous than before. "He's pretty cool, though I think his friends are kinda cooler than him." I joked.

"What-?" He seemed hurt, but only in his voice, not in his expressions. He's trying so hard to not give himself away, even though I already knew.

"Yeah, Sapnap and George are really funny, Dream is kinda just there." I tried to hold in a laugh. "I'm kidding." I quieted my voice, hoping he wouldn't pick up the next few words, "I wouldn't ever shit on you like that." And lucky me, he didn't.

"Ah haha okay, I wouldn't really shit talk that dude, doesn't he get sensitive easily or something?" He says, talking about himself like he's a sensitive snowflake or something.

"Uh, he has said it before I think, but I know he's really strong. He puts on such a brave face for youtube and his twitch streams and pretends he doesn't get hurt by a lot of things which I think is pretty great of him. I mean, doing those things like youtube kinda makes you need to have thick skin, yeah?" I say, putting my elbow up on the bench arm and resting my head on my hand.

"This might sound crazy, but can I take you somewhere?" He asks. I'm not sure if he listened or ignored me, but it doesn't seem like something he would do.

"I might be crazy for letting you take me somewhere." I stand up and look down at him on the bench, giving him a soft smile. I trust him, weird enough.