Chapter 34

The second day in London has been spent. Yibo and Xiao Zhan had their good time spending the day from place to place. Now they are on the bus to go back to the hotel. It's 11.40 in the night. They take the public bus because they want to mix up with the locals as watching their daily habits. One by one the bus passengers get down at their destination. And without they realize, there are only left two of them.

Yibo glances at Xiao Zhan who asleep on his shoulder. Yibo smiles and strokes Xiao Zhan's head gently. He averted his gaze to the outside of the bus. Out there is dark. Then he glances at the front, where the driver is driving peacefully. Yibo plugs his earpiece into his ears and set the music to makes the journey not so boring because Xiao Zhan is asleep. He closes his eyes. He doesn't need to worry he'll miss their stop because it will be in the bus interchange. So, he will definitely awake by the noise in the terminal if he happens to fall asleep.

But in fact, Yibo can't sleep. He opens his eyes again, glances at Xiao Zhan who still asleep, his mouth slightly ajar. Yibo looks at the outside again. Here, his brows twitched. He's wondering about the route that they passing through.

Why so many trees around here? I don't remember if we took this way when we get to the County Hall by taxi this morning.

Yibo looks into the darkness. There are no buildings outside, but the row of trees, big and small, but definitely they are tall.

What place is this? Do we take the right bus to get back to the hotel?

Yibo starts to worry now. His heart is whimpering, seeing the dark out there. He glances at Xiao Zhan again. The man is still sleeping so peacefully. Then he turns his eyes to the driver whom he only can see his back.

"Uncle! Uncle!" Yibo tries to call the driver. The local China habit to call any much older males by calling them uncle got ignored by the bus driver.

"Uncle!!" Yibo shouts when he found he is being ignored by the bus driver.

Xiao Zhan who still sleeping startles. He pulls his head up from Yibo's shoulder abruptly. He looks at Yibo with his reddened eyes from sleep.

"What is wrong with you? Why do you yelling? Who are you yelling at?" Xiao Zhan who surprised by Yibo shouting, snaps.

Yibo turns to Xiao Zhan with warry eyes.

"Shou Shou..." Yibo says with a small voice.

"What happened?" asks Xiao Zhan. His voice softens when he sees that his husband looks worried and frighten.

"Do you know where are we going now?" asks back Yibo to his husband.

Xiao Zhan heaves a sigh. Then he rests his back again on the backrest.

"Going back to the hotel, of course, Silly...!" says Xiao Zhan, rolling his eyes. He turns his gaze to the window beside Yibo, and he pulls himself again from resting his back.

Xiao Zhan got up and bends over to the window. Then he turns to Yibo who looks at him.

"Why is it so dark?" he asks Yibo who doesn't respond to him. 

Xiao Zhan turns back to the window and scanning the outside.

"Where are the buildings? Why do we need to pass through the forest?"

"That's why I call Uncle driver..." replies Yibo.

Xiao Zhan glances at the driver who seem doesn't distract by their confusion. Then he looks around the bus.

"Where are the other passengers?" asks Xiao Zhan.

"They got down already. Only left us...!" replies Yibo.