Chapter 4

Morning has come. Xiao Zhan still snoring in the bed after his tiring day and night.  Yibo has gotten up, because Chu Tian woke him up earlier and he couldn't say no to her demand, otherwise she will disturb Xiao Zhan.

They are playing a snake and ladder game now in Chu Tian's room.

"Out of so many games, why do you choose this boring game?" asks Yibo. Frowning.

"No! It's not boring at all, Daddy...! It's fun! See! I get one big step! Sshoooooootttt....!" replies Chu Tian, drag her token up through the ladder.

Yibo frowns deeper. Pouting, he shakes the dice and throws it on the board.

"Yes! Six!" cries he. He counts the steps on the board.

"One, two, three, four, five,..." and he pauses when he saw there is the tail of a long long long snake down on the sixth step. "Six!" he jumps over the sixth step to the seventh.

"Daddy! You are cheating! Six is supposed to be here! Here! Here!" cries Chu Tian, pointing on the snake's tail.

"No! I step from this spot! And six will be here!" declines Yibo.

"No! I saw your pin was here! Not here!" claims Chu Tian.

"Oh! You saw it wrong, then!" 

"No! I"m sure it was here!"

"I'm not cheating, OK??"

"Yes, you are!"

"No, I'm not!"

"I saw it!"

"If you don't want to lose, then don't ask me to play this stupid game next time!"

Chu Tian quiet. She looks at Yibo with glistening eyes and lips curves downward. The tears hang on the brick of her eyes which will fall and roll on her cheeks once she blinks her eyes. Yibo looks at her nervously.

"A Tian.. Don't blink!" Yibo warns her.

But the little girl disobeys him. And when she blink, the tears rolling down on her cheek and the loud cry echoing on the room.

"Woaaaaaaaaaa.....!!" Chu Tian cries loudly.

"Aish! I told you, don't blink! Now you will wake Poppy up!" Yibo whines.

"Poppyyyyy....!!!" Chu Tian runs to the room next door.

"Eh! A tian!" Yibo is panic. He gets up and chases after the little girl.

But it is too late. Chu Tian already shaking her Poppy violently while crying loudly.

"Poppy! wake up! Daddy is very bad!  Poppy...!!" Chu Tian wailing.

Hearing the noise right in his ears, Xiao Zhan opens his eyes and squinting.

"A Tian... Why are you crying...?" asks Xiao Zhan with a hoarse voice from sleepiness.

"Daddy..." Chu Tian complains while pointing at her Daddy who standing at the doorway.

Yibo quickly walks in and grabs Chu Tian.

"A Tian...! Don't disturb Poppy...! He's very tired...!" says Yibo.

"What happened?" asks Xiao Zhan, turns to Yibo.

"Aahhh... Nothing. We're only playing a game...!" replies Yibo, chuckles awkwardly. He pulls Chu Tian to let go of  Xiao Zhan.

"Poppy! Daddy is cheating again!" Chu Tian makes a clamor.

"No!" Yibo screams. "That's not true!" he declined.

"Yes, he is!" whines Chu Tian.

"Chu Tian... Don't tell lie. Do you know? Lie is forbidden by God!" Yibo snickers.