Chapter 24

Zhan comes back home with a heavy heart. He walks slowly to the living room, throws the car key and house key on the console table before finally he plonks himself on the couch, then curls up like a ball. 

Tears trickled down on his cheeks. Really, it is the first time for him and Yibo to get into a fight until decided to live separately. He knows Yibo needs time to be alone. But until when? Deep inside he also misses his husband who just came back from business travel, that's why he was agreed immediately when Yibo suggested leaving Chu Tian at his parents'.

But now? It turns out he comes home alone. No Yibo, nor Chu Tian. He feels alone. There is no Yibo who keeps annoyed him. There is no Chu Tian who keeps arguing or just ranting about randomly. There is no bickering from the father and daughter, fighting for the right to be with Poppy.

He already miss them both, and he just left them not even an hour ago. How will he be able to get it through for days? Or perhaps weeks?

"Noooooo.....!!!!" Zhan screams. He opens his eyes and gets up, looks at the surrounding. 

No one. No Yibo or Chu Tian who panicly come to him.

"Yibo.... Please, come back...." Zhan mutters. Then he flops again on the couch.

He grabs his handphone and about to call Yibo. But he halts. Yibo won't pick it up, though. He fidgeting with the mobile.

He feels hungry, but he has no appetite to eat. So he just walks to the bedroom, goes to the bed without switching on the lights. He flops himself again on the bed, staring at the side that Yibo used to lie down. He rubs the space. Yibo never slept on that side for three nights. And tonight will be the fourth. Then the fifth, the sixth, the seventh.

"Argh!" 

Zhan punches the pillow Yibo used to sleep on. Then he turns around and wondering on the wall. He sees no one in the house. And this feel makes him wondering, is this the feeling of being lonely? 

The tired eyes of crying and the empty stomach brings  Zhan to the other side of land. Slowly, his eyes fluttered and lids seem heavily drop. Zhan falls asleep in the end.

✔  ✔  ✔  ✔

Yibo sits on the window sill wandering the dark sky. Hai Kuan has asked him to join the family dinner, but he has no appetite to eat. He's tired after traveling, but he can't sleep, too. He wishes that he can fall asleep easily so he won't keep thinking of his Shou that stays alone at home.

Honestly, he doesn't mean to get angry with Xiao Zhan who feels objection to leave Chu Tian with the family while they're in the honeymoon that they never been had since they got married five years ago. But then he thinks, sometimes is okay to be selfish, wanting to have his husband all to himself without share with their foster daughter. And some more, he just came back and misses Xiao Zhan so badly.

A small knock on the door snaps him from the train of his thought. He turns his head to look at the door. The door handle moves downward and the door slowly opens. CHu Tian pops up from behind the door.

"Daddy?" the little girl calls his father.

Yibo sighs. The little girl is innocent. She's here because of them. And she loves them as her own parents.

Chu Tian stands at the doorway, hugging her white bunny flush toy, looking at her Daddy. She has the sleeping attire on. Yibo puts his legs down and holds out his hands toward Chu Tian.