CHAPTER; 1

This is the beginning of the story. I hope you'll enjoy 😊

"Muna! Where is the noodles I asked for?" Shouted mama from the Sitting room. She pointed the remote to the TV crossing her legs together

"I Am coming!"  I said pouring the noodles into a plate.

"Muna, didn't I tell you to go and wash that pile of clothes in my room?" Asked the stupid Nadiya that thinks backwards. Believe me, she thinks backwards and that is why she thinks I would wash her clothes. She stood, blocking the door leaving no way for me to pass.

"Hey do you think I will wash your clothes? Then you have to go for brain checkup". I said looking at Nadiya. "And please will you give me space to pass?" I asked but didn't wait for an answer as I pushed her out of my way. Oh but wait, the question is a rhetorical question.

I took the noodles to mama while Nadiya followed me at the back blabbing and making empty threats. I gave Mama the noodles and just then nadiy walked in.

"Mama, talk to this muna. You have to say something." Said Nadiya huffing as if she went for A run.

'What did she do to you?" Mama asked glaring at me. But what did I expect? This woman is always there to criticize me as if she came to the World to do that. Hmmph!

"Can you believe I asked muna to wash my pile of clothes before leaving only to just come back from school and see the clothes where I left them." Nadiya glared at me while I rolled my eyes only. Her lack of respect is not something new.

"Why didn't you wash her clothes, muna koh Mumuna ma kike. Dama gadon uwarki kikayi a muni (you inherited ugliness from your mother)" Mama said.

Me and you know who inherited the ugliness.

I said to myself though.

"But why would I wash Nadiya's clothes?" I wondered aloud, "Even if she wouldn't respect me as her elder sister she cannot ask me to wash her clothes." I said ready to face the consequences.

I knew it was bound to happen and was not surprise.Mama slapped me so hard on the face. "Ni kike gayama ma haka?( it's me that you are telling that?) you will leave this house and look for your poor grandparents. Oh how silly am I to forget That your mom came from an orphanage home" Mama said with a smirk.

And finally, she has hit the button. She has hit the button where I wouldn't want to show her the outcome of her actions. "Mama, with all respect, I give you respect but I can't tolerate you saying anything about my mother." I said but immediately tears begun rolling down my face, they betrayed me I swear because I have no intention of crying in front of this Woman.

Ummah came in at that time, "Subahanallah! Muna what happened why are you crying?" Asked the worried ummah.

"Munafika(hypocrite) you were the ones that trained your children to disrespect people Ko? I am not surprised because you your self lack morals because you were not given. Wayasani ma ko a yawon banza aka sameki uwarki ta jefar dake aka Kai ki Gidan marayun? ( Who knows if it was not legally that you were brought to the world that's why you mother took you to orphanage home)." Said mama looking at ummah.

"I've heard enough! I yelled at mama. I can't tolerate this Wallahi!" I yelled out of Anger

"Haba muna!" Yelled Ummah. "Are you supposed to shout at her like that?" Ummah scolded.

But okay I've understood her. She doesn't want us to grow up with no morals just like Nadiya. But I still had to protest. She shouldn't have at least scolded me in front of them, "But..... "