chapter 40

Yes! Her mother's name is Hauwau.
How would even forget that.
Why didn't I even think of this?

One : her name is Hauwau
Two : I'm not a new person to her. She knows almost everything about me
Three : She promised to make me suffer even after we left her house. Yes her house because Abba is just a statue there.

How did you know she is the one?

After she succeeded in sending muna and the rest out of the house, she told me that she is not yet done with them and she would not rest till she sees the end of them. She didn't do anything to them again which I almost thought she has forgotten but she told me that she hasn't forgotten about her plans. Shortly after that, Abba's business profit began to decrease. He started having problems which led us to start having financial problems which we never experienced since when I was born. Meanwhile news spread that Muna is going to marry a billionaire which from what I squeezed from abu was he also bought a house for us. Mama felt the best was us to go and see for ourselves so she send me to go to the house but we were looking for an excuse to go so when our financial issues kept getting worse, she used that opportunity and send Abu to the house while I insisted I must go with him. Indeed I was surprised when I saw the cozy life they were living. I decided to rush and tell mama so she would wake up from her sleep and do something. She has been so reluctant because she thought finishing them won't be a problem since they are no more in our house. Hauwau ( Mama) took the oath of never leave Muna enjoy her life.
"She can't just be there enjoying while we are here suffering" This was always her words.

She told me that first she would stop Muna from marrying that rich man. And then do something to her loved ones. When ummah was sick and Abba decided to visit her because of a reason we can't say, we all went with him but my main purpose was to see what's going on between muna and her husband to be. When she fought with a person there and her soon to be husband punched the man endlessly, I knew there was still remaining. I rushed and told mama and all she told me was, " Just wait and see" my plan is a simultaneous plan. I just let her be while the financial  issues kept on getting worse but mama seldom stays indoors. She's always not around. I thought she was trying to help Abba but it was different. One day, we woke up and she was nowhere to be found. She didn't leave any notes but the only way we knew she left was, her closet was empty. We continued living like that and Abba trying his best. All we heard was that you left to Abuja. Said Nadiya referring to me.

One day, a man came and told us that he's from the housing management known as "Muhalli " he said something that perplexed us and quaked us.

The notice they gave is now over and we have today and tomorrow to park.

All we know is this is Abba's house. Which notice?  What is he talking about?

They showed us the documents of the house and mama's signature was bold enough to see. Mama sold the house without Abba's knowledge! I was so angry with abba for acting Naive on the matters of his house. So it has come to this? The house documents are with mama and she sold them without his knowledge! At least she should have informed us on the notice of 1 month that they gave us.

We started moving helter skelter but nobody wished to help Abba. Not even his relatives because he didn't help any of them because Mama asked him not to.  They day came but they didn't spare us. They took all our properties out of the house. We were all hopeless and goners but our neighbour helped us. He gave us a small house to stay before we get our own house. While packing clothes we noticed a broken tile but the break was unusual. We tried opening it and it opened. What we saw inside was  appalling .  We saw two bottles small bottles but init was a figure that resembles Abba and Abubakar was boldly written on it while the other in the other bottle resembles ummah( may her soul rest in peace) and Maryam was boldly written too. From that we all concluded why Abba always dance to her tunes and take her over everything. That's it she bewitched him but what puzzled us was what ummah's figure also doing there.  That was when Abba and us hated mama. How can she be this cruel. To her own children because of jealousy? I also hated myself for letting her mislead me. We continued living while the little amount of money you send which you say incase if we need something would be the one to buy food with.  She concluded crying hard while Tim Tim who was sobbing held Nadiya's hand wiping off her tears.