chapter 18

It's been 3 days  today at the hospital since after I woke up. They kept saying they will keep me for observation, I may need more blood, blah blah blah.  So far so good ya Naseer has been spending time with me always and only goes home when ummah forced him or sometimes to give us privacy  you know 🤷 and he does everything and buys everything we need. He stopped Tim Tim from cooking that she's tired and needs to rest because she has been cooking since when I got admitted in the hospital. But I don't see any big deal in it sha 💁.  I cook everyday for them at their house most especially when they are all around. As I was saying, he buys food from eateries everyday   and ummah pleaded with him to stop but he didn't stop. Ummah told mami but instead of her to stop him, she told him to do more for her daughter in-law. She said her daughter in-law deserves more than this. Her words not mine!!!. Although Mami sometimes cooks food her self for me and also munifa brings food for me. Or let me say sneak food to bring for me because her mom hates us because of the stupid reason I once told you. So I told her to not bother herself sneaking food for me. Munifa brought me back from my revire.

Matar Ya Naseer! What are you thinking off? Oh I get it. You are thinking of your soon to be husband ko?  Asked muni wiggling her brows.

I smacked her at the back. Ke kinga ki kiyaye ni ko. Why are y'all calling me matar Ya Naseer. By the way how's the preparations of your wedding going on? I asked trying to divert the topic.

Hmm you cannot divert the topic fa. Everyone knows what's going on between you two. She shrugged "anyways it's not going well because you are not involved in it. I want them to discard you soon because my wedding preparations will not go well without you. Said muni with a sad face.

They said they are discarding me tomorrow... I was interrupted by ya Naseer holding a 2 basket and 3 food Flask in each of the basket. There's the large one, the middle one inbetween the large and the small and also the small food flask. And also drinks that Mami gives him to bring for us everyday. The other basket containing 3 food flask maybe for Ummah, Tim Tim and munifa .

Muna food is here. Said Ya Naseer keeping the basket.

Ya Naseer ina wuni?

Lafiya kalau munifa. How are you?

Am fine Wallahi just preparing for my wedding because you know it's just 1 month 2 weeks left.

So you are getting married but muna didn't tell me. Said Ya Naseer looking at me.
I seriously don't know when Ya Naseer learnt how to be friendly.  Because he met munifa just days ago although he stays here everyday and she comes almost every day. But the old Ya Naseer can live with you for one year without knowing your name. Don't be surprised how I knew all this remember blubby zee zee is my friend. Did I mention she comes here to visit me?

Munifa chuckled "hmm muna kenan. Let me come and serve you muna by the way how are you coping with her hating medicine. Asked munifa picking up a plate to put food for me.

Ummah and I fights with her everyday before she takes her medicine. Said Ya Naseer.

Muna I wonder what you hate in medicine or maybe the sickness is not disturbing you. Said muni putting 3 waina on my plate. She opened the food flask containing the soup and meat, fish and also ganda
(A/N please and please forgive me for not writing this in English. I've searched for the English word but couldn't find it so I guess you have to manage 🤷)

peppered chicken. I wonder why this family likes peppered chicken as for me, I prefer grilled fish The food looks so yummy. By mere looking you will know it's my soon to be mother in... Oh God what is wrong with me what on earth am I saying? Munifa brought me back from my revire.

Can you please tell me what you hate in medicine. Seriously I like medicine

You are not a human being dama ai you are an alien so pls don't talk. That's why you are asking me what I hate in medicine. She laughed but was cut by the ringtone of her phone. She turned to look at Ya Naseer whose attention was on the phone.

Ya Naseer please and please help me feed muna. Make sure she finishes everything on her plate. Thanks. Said munifa handing him the plate not waiting for him to reply back.

And who told you that I can't feed myself? I said while she was trying to go out and answer the call. She winked and left laughing leaving me huffing.

Pretty Mean alien I hate you. I yelled huffing.

I love you too pretty alien. Said munifa laughing mischievously. She went out to answer the phone call.

Don't you want me to feed you? Asked Ya Naseer making me look at him immediately.

Urmm...ya Naseer..it's not like that..... But...ermm...urmm

Relax muna no need to explain just open your mouth and eat your favorite food that your one and only mother in-l...... He stopped immediately but I know what he wanted to say. He wanted to say mother in law.
I mean your one and only mami made it. He said cutting the waina using a table knife. Can you imagine! eating waina with fork and knife hmm. Don't say am a villager but seriously I can't waste my time eating waina with fork and knife.

Open your mouth and take this.

Thanks but I can manage to feed my self besides, am not sick anymore.

He glared at me "would you keep quiet and take this or till I call ummah.

I pouted and opened my mouth. I  ate one spoon, two spoon then I managed to snatch the plate from his hand laughing mischievously as if I've succeeded something all the people in this world tried to do but couldn't succeed. He shaked his head smiling and continued pressing his phone.

He cleared his throat and I knew he was going to say something. After you are done, we will stroll around the hospital for exercise.

Do we need to do that? I mean am okay and fine I said putting a spoonful of waina in my mouth. I am now eating it with a spoon. I found a spoon in the basket close to me.

Trust me you need it. You will feel better after doing it and you will realize you are tired of sitting in one place.

Okay if you insist

*****

We are now strolling round the hospital. Looks like this hospital is big.

How are you feeling now? Asked Ya Naseer cutting my train of thoughts.

Well feeling better if I must admit.

Muna if you wouldn't mind I would like to have a word with you.  Said Ya Naseer stopping.

Alright am all ears. I said

He sighed "muna I love you ". I turned immediately to look at him. It was more of a reflex action because I don't think my body had sent message to the brain because of how I turned immediately not because his question shocked me, but I never expected this question from him. I mean he let down his guards for me.

Why are you silent Muna? I realized I can't keep this to myself anymore. I am repeating it and will keep repeating it " I love you Muna"

****

To fah🤐. We knew you must  admit 😏. Hmm... What do you think will be muna's reply? We'll see 🤷.

It's been long that I didn't remind you to comment and vote. Remember press that tiny star in front of you.

I talk too much right? Last one I promise but not a promise

Can I  tell you something? I am the most talkative student in our class 😂.

Okey I said last one but do you know that I can't stay for good five minutes without talking? 🤦

Okey last I promise 😂