*chapter 9

It's a short chapter. Unedited 🙃

It's been 3 weeks now since after receiving the bad news. Am still coping trying to Forget about what happened. I was folding clothes with Ummah thinking about what happened.

Ummah am I going still leaving this house? I asked Ummah out of nowhere.

"I don't know muna but your dad won't send you away due to what happened to you " Said Ummah folding clothes.

"Who will send muna out of the house and why?"Came a voice from nowhere coming into the room. It happened to be hajiya babba's voice. Hajiya babba is our grandmother the mother of our father. She is never at the back of abba or mama. She's always protecting us and at the back of the truth.

"Urmm..... Hajiya babba is not....... Urmmm.....it's not what you think. It's not even about this Muna koh muna?" Ummah said looking at me. I looked at her with surprise because I have never seen ummah lying. And by looking at her once, you will know she's lying.

Hajiya babba sighed "Maryam I know you. I know you don't lie that's why whenever you lie I will know you are lying. So pls tell me the truth".

"Hajiya babba I just don't want trouble" Said Ummah looking worried.

"Don't worry everything will be fine just Tell me" Said hajiya babba.

We narrated everything to her from when abba said I should look for husband to marry to the last part.

Hajiya babba huffed "wai me yasa abubakar wawa ne! One day he will pick that hauwau over me "

"Subahanallah hajiya babba there's no way abba will choose hauwau over you" Said Ummah.

"Don't worry Muna I'll make sure to talk to abubakar. You are going nowhere because this is your fathers house".

"Thank you so much hajiya babba I'm so grateful". I said hugging her.

She smiled "no problem mummuna"

" I am not mummuna" I said stamping my feet.

She laughed" to naji yi hakuri mummuna"

"Am not mummuna" I said pouting.

She laughed "Anyways am going to talk to your dad and Insha Allah you are not leaving this house".

I nodded my head in agreement.
*****
I was passing by when I heard hajiya babba saying, are you saying you are going to send her out of this house?

"Ni hajia babba I didn't say I'll send her out of this house amma this foolish girl so take ta hada ni da ke Wallahi" Said abba

"Lailaha illalahu muhammadan rasullilahi sallalahu alaihi wasallam"abubakar kana nufin kache min Karya ake maka kenan?wai me waccan kazar hausan ta ma ne. One day you will choose hauwau over me. Said mama clapping her hands.If you choose hauwau over me then you can send them out and if you prove to me that I am not your mother.

I turned to leave not wanting to hear anything and unfortunately for me I saw the last person I wanted to see. I saw mama.

Munafika so you are "eavesdropping ko?Hada babanki da mahaifiyarsa be isa ba.

I turned and left mama at the back huffing.

****
"Ummah, Ya muna abba said he is looking for us" Said Tim Tim coming into the kitchen as I was cooking dinner. I gave ummah a questioning look.

"Something is definitely wrong" Said Tim Tim going out of the kitchen. We all followed her to abba's sitting room.

We entered abba's sitting room saying salam in unison.

We sat down on the carpet while Ummah sat down on the couch. 2 minutes later baba came out of his room. He sat down on the couch far from where Ummah was sitting. Mama came out of abba's room and sat close to abba. I almost said to mama to leave here because she's not part of us but somehow managed to stop my self. Almost!

Abba cleared his throat " muna congratulations". Said abba which made us all looked at him.

I managed to speak "congratulations?

Yes congratulations. Said abba with no smile, no frown, his face was just Emotionless.

To fa 🙄 abba what do you mean wai🤔. Is muna leaving the house? We'll see
Bye bye 👋