chapter 51

Naseer yelled punching the close wall to him

"Naseer stop this you are supposed to pray for her since that's what she needs rn" Anti Amina said but instead of calming him down, it only made him bust into more tears. Since she's the only one he can hug, he stood up to where she was seated and hugged her. Call him a baby or whatever you want but he cried like a baby. They all stood looking at because it's the first time they see him cry. Yes no matter what, he usually hold on back his tears no matter how he feels. So seeing him breakdown made them all cry. Anti Amina hugged him back but she didn't stop him from crying. She rubbed her palms on his back making imaginary circles. She held back her own tears since that's what she's supposed to do-- to be strong -- for him-- for Naseer(A/N Am also crying 😢)

They all were waiting for the 2 doors of OR to open so they kept looking from time to time at the door

The two doors unobstructed which they all pivoted their heads and stood immediately a doctor and nurse
came to their View. Naseer all but impelled himself and before you know it, he was in front of the doctor " Doctor What happened to my wife?" he asked as if he would squeeze out the answer from the doctor....he was impatient

The doctor cleared his throat"Sorry we couldn't save her......
(A/N- Now if I stop the sentence here you would brake my bones right 💁 sorry o the sentence is not yet over 😂)

.....her baby"

Her baby? Was she pregnant? They couldn't save the baby they promised to raise and stay with it  all situations?Their baby? Naseer couldn't help but asked himself this questions. The questions he knows the answer. The question with same answer.
The place became so taut that nobody talked seeing that they didn't talk, the doctor went on

"We saved the mother but...
That  but made everyone look at him in haste. They all know the next won't be pleasant

....She's now in coma and sadly when she would wake depends on her" He completed which after then cries and gasps was the only thing heard.

"Can we see her now?" Hajia babba asked stealing the word from everybody's mouth that vowed not to come out.

"Yes you can see her but only when she's moved to the ICU but please one after the other because she needs less noise"
                  ' ~...~'

The beeping of machines was the only sound in the room where Muna lifelessly laid on the bed with so many machines connected to her. Oxygen included. Naseer shut the door slowly which one would think is as of he didn't want to wake her up. That was what he did actually but later remembered that she's in a stun not a slumber. He came close to her and sat on the visitors chair intertwining his fingers together with hers. Don't be surprise because she was the only one in the room, A decade of her relatives are there seated in the lobby since the doctor mentioned she needs less noise. Since when she went in coma, their relatives , his and hers all came all the way to see her even after knowing she's unconscious. That includes both their parents, his and hers who all suspended their works to come and see her. Mami and daddy are staying in their house in Abuja just to be close to them. Anti Umna and Abba too the same while Hajia babba and Tim Tim almost like live in the hospital. The Tahir's too not different including the newly weds came all from Istanbul.

"Jadwati, I know I have not being the best husband lately. I made fake promises to You making you believe in me, telling you that I would always prevent you from any harm and danger..  His voice cracked
......but unfortunately I couldn't! I couldn't protect you from a shred of danger. Instead, you went in danger because of me. You are now laid here because of me! Why? Why did you take the bullet I was supposed to take? Why didn't you let me take what I deserve? Please and please don't believe me anymore. Don't do anything for me anymore, don't hurt yourself for me anymore since I don't deserve it. It pains when I remember that you now here because you tried to save me but I am here unable to do anything for you........."