𝟎𝟗. 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞

"Oh, it's on,"

Earlier on, Spy School 2~ Miles from Normal

"Yes, I know Miss. Anders," Professor Crandall said, receiving a couple of giggles from the back, "Do not be late again, sit." I sighed and turned around towards the seats and made my way towards the empty seat next to Grayson- to which everyone seemed surprised, "As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted," Crandall stated, "I do not tolerate by any means this jesting, giggling, or talking when not supposed to. You are here to learn how to defend yourself, not fool around- Michael, shush."

---

10:40 am

Top Secret CIA Academy of Espionage, Hallway leading to PE fields

August 14

"Where to next?" Max asked me in the hallway. I ran into him after my second period, Disguise. Which was better than Introduction to Self-Preservation.

"PE is next on the list," I responded.

"Great!" Jackson said while turning the corner.

"We all have PE next," Addy answered my unspoken question while popping out of the nearby classroom with all the other students.

"That's great, where is PE though?" I asked.

"Just outside this door actually," Max said, "There's a gym too, but Coach Macauley sent out a notice earlier that we would be doing PE outside today, there's probably a reason though." We started walking towards the end of the hall and out through the double doors leading outside. When we did, we walked across the yard and where there was a huge crowd.

"C'mon guys stop being lazy and run! It's only three laps not that hard!" I heard once we reached the field. At that point, there was no crowd anymore, and instead many complaining kids- spread out- running on the field. "You're lucky you aren't late," Coach Macauley said while turning to us. He was a normal size, fit, looked like he didn't shower-, his clothes were mixed matched, but like most people at the school, he was older age. "C'mon get out on the field!"

"Yes, coach," We all mumbled under our breaths while turning to the field.

"C'mon stop yapping save your breath!" I heard while the distance between Macauley and I grew.

"Hey, Char wait up!" I heard Addy say from behind me. I slowed down my pace.

"Who knew you could run-" Jackson said when he caught up. I looked around confused, it was true, I was pretty far from them. We started running and eventually finished the first lap.

"1 lap..." Max said when he crossed the line.

"I'll just catch up with you guys after the laps..." I said wanting to go faster.

"Good idea," Jackson said thinking the same thing. I picked up the pace and started to run faster. I stayed like that until I was halfway around my second lap, that's when I slowed down until I reached the finish line.

"Great, uh..." Coach Macauley started when I crossed the line.

"Charlotte Anders," I finished for him.

"Right, go on start with the course,"

I turned to face what he was pointing at and saw a huge obstacle course consisting of, Balance Beams, Mud Pits, Swinging Pendulums, and even a rock wall.