𝟎𝟒. 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬

"Eh, who am I kidding. Your no good anyway."

Earlier on, Spy School 2~ Miles from Normal

"Well, in that case, do you want to come to have dinner with my friends and me...?" Jackson nervously said.

"Are you serious?" I responded surprised.

"If you want to yeah."

"Well, uh sure, I'll come." I agreed.

---

6:03 PM

August 13

Top Secret CIA Academy of Espionage

"Guys, Charlotte's going to be joining us for dinner today," Jackson said to a group of two people, "I hope that's ok with you guys." Jackson started to make weird eye/eyebrow movements, and everyone was confused. "Forget it," Jackson added, "Charlotte meet, Addilyn and...Max."

"Hello," a girl with hazel eyes and blonde hair greeted me, "I'm Addilyn, Or Addy- it doesn't really matter. I'm so glad there's another girl here, I mean I know we just met a couple months ago," Addilyn said motioning to the guys, "but c'mon I can't be like this without someone to talk to- who gets me- for the rest of the year."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," the boy with brown hair and black eyes said, "Don't listen to Chipmunk over there. Hey, I'm Max."

"Nice to meet you guys, I'm Charlotte," I said while sitting down next to Addilyn.

"Would you stop with the chipmunk?" Addylin asked Max while he shook his head no, "Jackson," Addylin cried, "Get me some food, will you?"

"Fine," Jackson replied.

"C'mon man, if you're going to get some for Chipmunk you better get some for us too," Max added.

"Je fine." Jackson agreed while walking away, Max looked a bit proud of himself.

"So, Charlotte, where you from?" Addilyn said while turning to me.

"Oh, not too far from here-" Before I could continue Max cut me off.

"She lives in Westchester city sixteen miles north from here."

"Jeez, way to spoil it," Addilyn said.

"Then don't ask stupid questions you already know the answer to."

"Hold on," I started, "how'd you know?" Max and Addilyn exchanged glances.

"Research." They said in unison. I was still confused.

"We knew someone new was coming a couple of weeks ago. Me and chipmunk were bored so we decided to investigate." Max explained.

"Oh, ok," I said trying to switch the topic.

"You guys better be happy. I didn't know what you guys wanted." We all looked up to see Jackson balancing the food trays. I looked at the trays and saw that there was this strange red liquid which was I guess supposed to be tomato soup.

"Ick- What is this?" Max spoke for all of us.

"Don't complain like a baby," Addilyn said.

"If you don't want it don't eat it," Jackson replied.

"And starve to death?" Max complained.

"You won't die just from one less meal," I told him trying my own soup. It wasn't bad, but I wouldn't eat it again. I decided just to eat the piece of bread on the side. I heard Max mumble something under his breath.

A couple of minutes passed, and I got this strange feeling someone was watching me. I discreetly looked around until an older teacher caught my eye. I looked straight into his eyes-probably not smart- so he knew I knew he was looking at me. He quickly looked away and started to act normal. There was something about him I didn't like at all.

"Who was that?" I asked

"Oh, you mean Professor Murphy?" Jackson told me.

"Maybe, was he the guy with white hair and really bright green eyes?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's him. He teaches Long-term Undercover, but everyone knows he's after Professor Crouch's job, Cryptology. Why?"

I looked around and didn't see anyone suspicious, so I lowered my voice and told them, "He was staring at me from across the room. Not a pervert stare of course, but like he was observing me." Max and Addy (I'm starting to call Addilyn that) exchanged glances. There was a pretty long period of silence until finally, Max spoke up, "I don't think you should worry Char- I can call you that right?"

"What? Oh yeah."

"Anyway, he usually acts that way. Yes, he is kind of creepy-"

"And judgmental," Addy added.

"That too," Max continued, "But you shouldn't be worried. There are other teachers here you should be afraid of instead."

"Alright," I replied. This sort of made me feel better, but I decided to keep my distance and not trust many people here, I suppose I can observe him throughout the week for "strange" actions.

---

"I'm so excited that our dorms are next to each other!" Addy exclaimed, "Ooo you know what we can create? A "secret" language with the number of knocks on the wall! Do you want to Char?"

"Nope. Not really." I said flatly already tired.

"Oh ok," Addy said sadly.

"Can I see your-" I began trying to switch the topic.

"Oh, look what we have here!" Someone said from behind us, "You must be Charlotte. I'm Lilith. Once you stay here long enough you tend to understand the difference between good spies you should stay with, and terrible pathetic ones. I could help you..." Lilith sharply said while reaching her hand for me to shake.

I declined her handshake and simply said, "No thanks I'm good."

"Eh, who am I kidding. You're no good anyway." And with that, the snake left.

"Who does that girl think she is?" I asked Addy, but when I turned around, she was gone. "Weird," I said to myself shaking the thought off.

I had work to do, and by that, I mean decorating, rearranging, and checking out my dorm. What you think I didn't pack anything to use for decorating? I unlocked the door and stepped inside. It was terribly small, plain, and almost like it was...abandoned. "Lots of work to do, lots," I said to myself.

I started by unpacking my clothes and putting everything in the tiny closet in the corner. Added nice yellow and white blankets and pillows to the gray bed sheets. The furniture was also gray so the white and yellow really fit in. I placed one picture of my family and friends each on the desk and rearranged its resting spot and the office supplies already there. I made a mental note to buy more decorations. I quickly added lights and the next thing I knew it was 9:54 PM. I decided to head to sleep already tired knowing that tomorrow was going to be the last free day, and I was going to spend it wisely.

---

(word count: 1117)

I decided on an updating schedule, every weekend I'll post another chapter of this book. I'll be surprised if I can keep up with that, loll.