𝟏𝟎. 𝐢'𝐦...𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭?

"Let's go somewhere other than the hallways, Char."

Earlier on, Spy School 2~ Miles from Normal

"Anders, Whinston come along,"

"Where are we going?" I asked while following him.

"To the principal."

---

7:15 PM

Top Secret Academy of Espionage, Principal's Office

August 14

"Oh, what a nice surprise," The principal said while Professor Murphy walked in with Jack and I trailing behind him, "Hello, Murphy- and whom I didn't realize was there, Miss Anders and Mr. Whinston!" I could tell he was totally oblivious to the vibe in the room. Jack and I mumbled a quick hello our eyes still on Murphy. I didn't think I could hate, let me rephrase that, loath someone that much. First, it was the weird, stalker vibes he gave off to everyone, especially when he secretly stared at you from across the mess hall. 

I looked around the familiar office, it looked the same. Safe for the mess on the floor and desk. There were files everywhere- each labeled something different- one with my name on it, and another with Jack's. I nudged Jack making sure he noticed the files, he nodded.

"Yes, I was told you were going to be here Cyrus," Professor Murphy started. I immediately straightened up looking around the room waiting for Cyrus to come out, I nudged Jack knowing he was zoning already. He gave me a confused look and I motioned for him to look around. At that moment, Cyrus Hale came walking through the front door, acting as if there weren't two kids sitting on the floor looking like they were attacked. 

"Good afternoon," Cyrus said addressing everyone but Jack and me, the other adults in the room merely nodded, "I have to speak with you privately later," Cyrus whispered into the principal's ear, to which he nodded. It was a shallow whisper; I had to strain to hear the whole thing. 

"Why are the children here again?" The principal asked Professor Murphy obviously annoyed. 

"I found Miss. Anders and Mr. Whinston acting suspiciously in the hallways, sir." Professor Murphy said. Cyrus and the Principal exchanged glances. 

"Very funny joke," Cyrus commented, "I'm afraid it was more stupid than funny. Murphy, leave. I need to speak to the children." Professor Murphy grunted then made his way out of the office, "Now, tell me what is it that distracted you. Was it important? Strange?"

"Uh, well sort of sir..." Jack started.

"We heard someone talking to themselves in the hallway," I finished for Jack.

"Yeah, what she said," Cyrus nodded in understanding. 

"Did you get to see who it was? What they said?" Cyrus asked.

"No, Murphy- Professor Murphy, came before we could find out who it was," Jack said while I tried to recall what I heard in the hallway earlier that day.

"They said something like, someone wouldn't be happy when they found out they couldn't do their job right-" I said.

"Hm, it would've been very helpful if you got the full information." The principal said.

"If it wasn't for that idiot of a teacher, we would be closer to finding out the mole," Cyrus quietly to himself.

"I agree with you a hundred percent, sir," I said to Cyrus, overhearing what he said to himself. He looked at me surprised I could hear what he said.