𝟐𝟎. 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

"Good Morning,"

Earlier on Your Finale,

"She's not the mole." Max said, ignoring me.

"I already told you, whether you believe me or not is not my problem." Grayson said.

Max looked at me, then to Jack, "I'm done." Max then turned, and walked towards a building.

Jack sighed, sending me a sad smile as he went to follow Max.

୨⎯ "Your Finale" ⎯୧

Chapter 20

Tree

1630

"What is wrong with you?" I exclaimed, turning towards Grayson. We were currently sitting under the large tree in the center of campus, recovering from the sudden argument between Grayson and Max.

"What's wrong with me?" Grayson said, his eyes enlarging, "What is wrong with you?"

"Me?" I said pointing to myself.

"If we're going to be working with each other you need to trust me."

"I do trust you!" I said, "But why would you say it like that."

"I was just telling him the truth." He said defensively.

"You should have told me first, and then we both would have figured out a way to break the news." I said, rubbing my temples.

"There wasn't any time."

"You were just too busy eating her face off." I said, rolling my eyes.

"That never happened." Grayson said, "We never did anything."

"Okay," I said sarcastically, "I know what I saw."

"No you don't," He said, holding eye contact, "Nothing happened between us, nothing. I need you to get that."

"Alright," I said shaken up, was this really a big deal? If Grayson really is right about her being the mole, their situation would look bad.

We were silent until I spoke, "So tell me how Addy's the," I didn't even get to finish because Grayson had lounged over me, pushing me to the ground, and slammed his hand over my mouth, preventing me from finishing. I squirmed from underneath him.

"Can you not?" Grayson said through gritted teeth, "Have you no secrecy?"

I rolled my eyes and laid there waiting for him to take his hand off of me. He looked around to see if anyone was watching, it was pretty cold outside though, so everyone was inside all warm. He took his hand off of my mouth.

"You just love pouncing on people don't you," I said, sitting up, Grayson still hovering over me. He flushed, and stood up, extending his arm to help me up, I took it. He slung his arm over my shoulder as we began to walk in the direction of the buildings.

"Let's not work with them anymore," Grayson said, breaking the silence.

"Why not?" I asked.

"It's better when it's just you and me."

I laughed, "We could use the help."

"No, we're okay," He said smiling, "We already got the brains and the brawls right here."

"I'm the brains."

"No I am."

୨⎯ "Your Finale" ⎯୧

I sighed as I stood in front of Addy's dormitory door. Grayson had decided that it was a good idea if I still acted like her friend, just so I had an excuse to keep an eye on here. I was officially on Addy watch. It wouldn't be difficult seeing as I'm usually always with her, unless if I'm with Grayson.

I knocked on her door.

"Who is it?" I heard Addy ask from inside.

"It's me," I said, "Charlotte."

I heard shuffling from the other side, then the door clicked open.

"Hi." She said, standing at the door looking glum.

"Hey," I said, sending her a small smile.

"Do you want to come in?" She asked, nodding her head towards the inside of her room. I paused, what would she do to me? You're fine, she's all alone.

"Yeah," I said, "We need to talk."

She opened the door wider, and stepped back, letting me in. I walked into the middle of her room. It was bare, except for the posters and pink bedsheets and decorations. She closed the door as I sat on her bed.

"We should talk." I said. Had Max told Addy of the discussion between him and Grayson?

"I'm not the mole Char." She said, looking at me in the eyes as her eyes began to fill with tears. So Max had told her.

"I know," I said, shooting her a sympathetic look and wiping a tear that had just fallen from her face.

"I don't know why he would do that," Addy said, referring to Grayson. I was silent.

"Do you want to know why I was out?" Addy said to break the silence.

"Why?"

"I was sick," She said, "I am sick."

I placed my hand on top of hers, "Sick of what?"

"I get really bad migraines, Char." She said, avoiding my eyes, "They can knock me out for days. This one was so bad that I had to go to the hospital."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know. Do you feel better now?" I asked.

"Yeah, much better." She paused in thought, "Could you just not tell anyone about this?"

"Your migraines?"

She nodded, "Please?"

"Don't worry, I got you."

୨⎯ "Your Finale" ⎯୧

After my conversation with Addy we ended up talking a little more after. None of the information she gave we was valuable though, it was mostly about her life at home. By this time it was already nine, so I decided to go back to my dorm to get ready for bed, seeing as I had school again tomorrow.

I unlocked my room door and there, laying in the middle of my bed, was Grayson.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed, placing a hand over my beating heart.

"Good morning," Grayson said, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. His hair was a mess and his voice raspy. I furrowed my brows in confusion, morning? "I hope you don't mind me taking a nap here," Grayson said, stretching, "You were just gone so long."

"Right," I said as I placed my coat on my chair, "How long have you been here?"

"Oh just an hour," Grayson said, avoiding my gaze.

"An hour?" I asked.

"Or two," He said at a lower volume.

I sighed. On my desk was a copy of Ripley and Hale Operations and the thick folder of files we had accumulated over the hours.

"So," Grayson said, laying back down on my bed, "What happened while you were next door?"

・❥・

(1055 words)

still trying to find out which time skip symbols I like best 👍