𝟐𝟒. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲

"Well? Aren't you going to move?"

Earlier on Your Finale,

The smallest then came to me and attached handcuffs to my arms. As if the pain of carrying Grayson wasn't enough to stop me from moving them.

The man turned me around and held my arms in place as we walked out the door and followed the other two men. The door shut behind us with a slam.

---

Chapter 24

0130 hours

The box

It didn't take us long to travel to the other side of the academy. It didn't take us long to climb down the stairs and into the lower level of the school.

The largest bodyguard looking agent was still in front of all of us. Though this time I was in the middle, the smallest bodyguard still walking behind me, his hands resting on the handcuffs strapped to my wrists. The second to largest was at the back, a fake-unconscious Grayson in his arms, the bruise on his head growing in vibrancy.

The largest bodyguard stopped when we made it to the end of a hallway. A door was the only thing keeping it from being a dead end. The man pulled out an ID card and pressed it to the scanner on the wall beside the metal door. There was a buzzing sound followed by the door's protests. We all walked in.

The room was small. The walls, floor, and ceiling were made of metal. Except for one. The far wall was made of metal bars, a door resting in the middle. On the other side of the bars was a small cot and a toilet. A cell. Another cot was on the other side of the cell.

The largest bodyguard pressed his ID card to the keypad on one side of a wall. The bodyguard opened the barred door and let the second to largest bodyguard pass into the cell. The bodyguard let Grayson down on the floor.

It all happened so fast.

Grayson hit the second to largest man with his elbow. The man bent over with a grunt. The man reached for his gun, but not before Grayson swung himself over the man, so that he sat on his back. Grayson wrenched the gun from the man's hand and hit him over the head with it. Hard. The man slumped.

At that point everyone was on edge. The bodyguard holding me released his grip. He pulled his gun out, aiming it towards Grayson. I kicked the back of his legs as he fell, his gun flying out of his hand as it spun on the ground. I kicked the gun towards me with my foot, and stepped on it, making sure that the second to largest bodyguard couldn't get it, even though he had hit his head hard when he fell to the ground. He was out cold.

The largest bodyguard lounged towards Grayson, completely forgetting about his weapons and deciding to go old-school. I hoped that

Grayson was good in hand-to-hand combat too. Knowing him I'm sure he was.

Grayson was five times smaller than the largest bodyguard. Even Grayson knew he wouldn't be able to win a fight against him. Grayson glanced towards me. He raised his gun and aimed it towards the man.

"Stop or I'll shoot." Grayson said. His words echoed through the small room.

"You wouldn't dare." The man snarled. It was the first time he had spoken in the whole fifteen minutes. His voice was deep, very deep. Which made sense considering his size.

"Oh yeah?" Grayson asked. A bang ran out. I flinched. The man grunted and raised his foot towards himself. Grayson shot him in the foot. He didn't waste any time though. Grayson wretched the ID card from his hand, then running over to where the smallest bodyguard was and grabbing a small key from his hand. He placed both in his pocket and ran over to me this time. Grabbing my shoulder he pushed me towards the door. We ran.

A right.

The hallways all looked the same.

A left.

My legs ached. Eventually I stopped trying to remember the turns we took. I just focused on following Grayson. We were silent, only the sound of our footsteps and our breaths.

Grayson stopped in front of a door and opened it. I followed him in. The lights were off so I couldn't see a thing. I felt a hand on my cuffed wrists.

Grayson whispered in my ear, "It won't be long until they send more people to find us." Grayson unlocked my handcuffs. They dropped to the ground with a ringing sound. "Let's go." He said. Turning as we picked up the pace again.

We reached a staircase with a door all the way to the top.

"Where are we going?" I asked Grayson through my breaths.

"Somewhere they wouldn't think to look for us." He replied, opening the door at the top of the stairs. He slowed down to a walking pace, hiding his gun in his belt. We emerged in the library. There were only two people in there, probably cram studying for an upcoming exam.
Lucky us they were so tired they didn't even look up our way. We didn't both to be quiet or walk. We ran through the library and exited through the double doors. The halls were silent. A sign that nobody was alerted on our whereabouts. Yet.

"We need means to protect ourselves." Grayson said from in front of me. We came to a fork in the hallways as he took a right. If we had went to the left we would have been greeted with exit doors.

"Do we even have time?" I asked, nervous that the guards had now been alerted.

"Unless you just want to run unarmed." Grayson said sarcastically. He was right. How were we supposed to go up against men who were armed if we weren't. I decided to not tell him I have never shot a gun, or even held one before.

I stayed silent, only following him.

Eventually we made it to the armory. Grayson pressed the guards ID that he had stolen up against the reader outside of the metal door. The door unlocked. Grayson threw himself up against it in a hurry, we piled in.

Normally if we came in at a normal hour. There would be a person sitting behind the armory desk, with a computer and taking notes of who took what. Though seeing the hour, we ended up landing a higher spot on the CIA's wanted list. Cameras lined the room, so there was no way to mistake our identities.

Grayson made his way over to one wall, weapons displayed on it. I couldn't tell what he grabbed for his back was towards me. He cast a look towards me.

"Well? Aren't you going to move?"

I nodded in embarrassment. I walked over to another wall and began to grab things and place them into my pockets.

A gun. The metal felt cold against my skin, I shivered. I shook my head to stop the anxiety and blocked out the harmful thoughts. I focused on grabbing ammunition instead.

A bag. Inside of it was a handkerchief. It labeled 'Chloroform', I knew what that meant. When I was back at home I would read spy novels all of the time. Sadly they couldn't teach me how to win a fight.

A grappling hook. I hooked it to my belt.

I then grabbed a couple of sharp objects absent-mindedly.

I turned towards Grayson as he placed another item in his belt. He turned towards me and threw me a pair of gloves. I put them on and nodded to him as a sign of readiness. He nodded back to me as he left the room. I ran to catch up to him.

This time we ran straight towards a staircase, and through a small door which led outside. It was pitch dark and we emerged in a forest.

All of a sudden shouts ran out from the academy. My heart started to pound even harder than it was already. They've must have found us.

Grayson didn't stop running though, so neither did I.

"They're in the courtyard, towards the entrance." Grayson informed me. He let out a small sarcastic laugh, "As if we were that smart to exit through the front door."