𝟎𝟔. 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐬

"You guys shouldn't be advertising stuff like this in the middle of the hallway"

Earlier on, Spy School 2~ Miles from Normal

Addy's eyes widened, "He's going to tell someone that Max and I were in the Idiots office and that we accessed the CIA files,"

Jackson started, "Calm down he has no proof-" At that moment the PA system cracked to life, I heard some muffled talking until someone said,

"Will Max and Addilyn please meet me at my office immediately."

Max and Addy gave Jackson weary looks. 

---

11:03 AM

August 14

Top Secret CIA Academy of Espionage, Hammond Quadrangle

"It's been thirty minutes," Jackson told me.

At that moment Jackson and I were walking around campus, it's surprisingly big.

"I know, what could be taking them so long?" I replied while we entered one of the school buildings.

"There you guys are!" I heard Addy yell while running to us.

"Hey," I said, "How'd it go?"

"Weird, very weird," Max said.

"Well, when we went in, Grayson wasn't there. But, for some reason, Cyrus Hale was there with the idiot." Addy started to explain.

"Wait, who?" I asked confused.

"Cyrus Hale! Erica Hale's grandfather...?" Addy replied.

"Oh, right," I said.

"Anyway, if he was there that must have meant whatever they wanted to talk about was important," Max added.

"Right," Addy continued, "Apparently they already knew Max and I accessed the CIA files, and they thought I "disappeared" the other night when Lilith was talking to us, remember Char?" I nodded my head.

"Well, that's really all they wanted to know," Addy finished.

"Wait! You're missing an important part," Max told Addy, "Cyrus told us that there was a dangerous mole in the school again, but this time it was serious, so because we broke into the CIA files, they might want our help when finding the mole, assessing their files, and finding out more about a new enemy organization. Of course, we don't leave campus, they just send it over to us."

"That's amazing guys!" Jackson started, "Seems like Cyrus thought you two might come in handy." It was after that when Grayson came around the corner, let me rephrase that, popped out of nowhere behind me, and I mean it behind me.

"You guys shouldn't be advertising stuff like this in the middle of the hallway. Anyone could hear, like the 'dangerous mole'" Grayson said while receiving various jumps and screams in return,

"Holy- gosh Grayson," I said while calming myself down.

"Where'd you come from?" Max said while getting all defensive. Grayson just shrugged. That's when I realized why Grayson was upset, and it made sense too. Grayson, one of the best spies in-training got overlooked to help on a mission, by two other spies in-training, who weren't as good as him. I'll admit, even I would be upset.

"What do you want?" Addy asked Grayson.

"Nothing, who said I wanted something?" Grayson said innocently, almost too innocently. Something was up, and I wanted to find out what that was.

"Hey Grayson, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked him while all heads turned towards me.

"Uh, sure I guess,"

"I'll catch you guys later," I said to the group while I made my way around the corner of the hallway with Grayson following behind me.

"Alright- so – hello Grayson," I told him acknowledging his presence.

"Hi...?"

"What were you doing earlier in the café-"

"Eating. Reading. Obser- hey! Stop beating around the bush Anders."

I sighed in defeat, "Alright, you caught me. What do you want with us, what are you up too?"

Grayson looked at me with this surprised expression written all over his face, just what I wanted, "See, this is where you're wrong," He started, "I don't want anything, what I can't say hello to some of my fellow friends...?"

That's when I heard something crash, like a glass vase breaking. I looked around the hall to see if someone heard us, Grayson did the same.

"You idiot- someone probably heard us," I heard from an open door leading to a classroom.

"Who puts a vase there-" A deeper hushed voice said.

It was that moment when Grayson grabbed my hand and rushed us into the nearest door, which happened to be a broom closet. When did Grayson get so tall, I thought to myself. It was true, he was at least 100 inches taller than me, and last time I checked I wasn't that short. Ok, I'll stop you caught me, but still, he was relatively taller than me. I slightly opened the door to the closet so I could listen better,

"The vase was on the desk dimwit, that's totally normal, you're such a klutz." The other person said, she sounded a bit older than Grayson and me.

"Let's get out of here, you probably attracted too much attention being so loud and all." The guy said at almost a whisper, it was pretty hard to hear.

"I'm being too loud! Oh please." The girl said while lowering her voice. I had to give it to the guy on that one, she was being a bit loud. "I'll give it to you though, we should get out of here." I heard a pair of footsteps followed by a door quietly being shut.

Grayson let out a breath I didn't know he was holding- wait. I looked down at my hand while Grayson was registering what happened, that dork, still had my hand in his hand. Good thing it was dark so nobody could see the blush creep up my face. To my disappointment, Grayson finally realized our hands were still holding each other -letting go- while I tried to get a better look outside, also trying to hide my red face.

"What do you think that was about?" I asked Grayson.

"No clue, but somethings up," Grayson said stating the obvious.

"Coast clear?" All I received a shrug in return at least the closest you could get to one in the tight space we were in. "I'll take my chances," I listened for a bit then walked out of the broom closet, Grayson following seconds later.

"Fine Anders," Grayson started trying to finish our last conversation as nothing happened, "I'll tell you what I want,"

"And what would that be...?" I asked as innocently as I could.

Grayson sighed, "I want in," 

---

Hey guys! Long time no see! Jk, I saw you last week, you gotta admit tho, it felt long. 

Today's chapter might have seemed really...trashy? I dunno, but it definitely isn't my best. 

I'll tell you something tho, the next chapters are going to have some needed plot fixes, sort of to spice it up- I guess you could say that. 

OH! I also wanted to thank you guys for the votes, comments, and views. It may not be a lot for you, but I really appreciate it, it's nice to know some people out there enjoy my writing, I think that's what motivates me- when I'm not lazy.

Ok, wow. This chapter had one setting and only one ploy. I normally don't do that, I like to add differently... scenes- I guess. Anywho, thanks for reading, have a great weekend! 

<3

~Daliah