𝟏𝟕. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲

Earlier on, Spy School 2: Miles from Normal,

"You," Lilith said, turning towards me, "you ruined everything." I didn't remember doing anything to Lilith. The day we met was the day I decided to steer clear of her.

"You're the reason it all fell," she continued, "You're the reason we messed up. You and your shitty secrets."

---

Chapter 17

Armistead Dorms 402; Charlotte Anders

1430 Hours

I stared at Lilith, bewildered. What secrets? Was there something I didn't know that she did?

"What secrets?" I asked interested.

"Oh?" she giggled sarcastically, "Are you saying you don't know?"

"Know what?" Grayson said, peering at her.

Lilith did not stop giggling. As if everything around her was humorous, "Maybe you should ask Ben..."

My eyebrows crossed, Ben? Who's Ben? I glanced at Jack, who was sitting beside me on my bed, we exchanged expressions.

"Enough of this," Said Grayson, "We aren't going to get anywhere with these fruitless questions." I stared at Grayson, had he not wanted to find out who Ben was? Or maybe, he already knew who Lilith was talking about.

Lilith did seem a bit strange at the moment, she seemed as if she was not truly connected. Her consciousness not close to her body.

"Right," said Max, agreeing to what Grayson had said. "Who do you work for?"

Lilith stared at Max with wide eyes, but nothing came out of her mouth.

"Who do you work for?" Max asked again. Nothing. That is when Grayson walked up to her and whispered something into her ear. As if her eyes could not widen any more, she sighed.

"Alright," She said, still looking at Grayson, "if you'll keep your end of the bargain."

"I always do."

"What's going on?" I whispered to Jack; curiosity filled his eyes too.

"I didn't think he'd do it," He said, referring to what Grayson whispered to Lilith.

"Do what?"

"Don't worry about it," Grayson said from the other side of the room. I jumped a little, not knowing he could hear me from the other side of the room.

"It's this organization," Lilith started, "I don't agree with their motives, but I needed the extra cash, and the jobs were pretty easy."

"What's the name?" Grayson asked.

"I can't say." Lilith said, her voice distant.

"What do you mean you can't say?" Jack asked, sitting up.

"No like," Lilith said, looking at him with annoyance. "I can't say."