𝟎𝟏. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡

"you must be joking, Alexander"

---

1648 hours

August 13

Smith Lane, 1764 SW

78543, West Center City, Washington D.C.

"Haha! You're joking he said that?!" Zoey said from the other side of the phone.

"Of course he said that, really stupid if you ask me," Olivia responded on the phone call.

"Just tell him we don't need-" just then, my doorbell rang cutting me off, "I'll call you guys back," I told my friends.

"Just don't disappear on us!" I heard Zoey said giggling, while I hung up the phone.

I hurried outside of my room and down the stairs. There was someone outside my house and they looked important with a suit on. I was home alone and I didn't know what to do, most parents would say something along the lines of, "Don't open the door for anyone," but yet again, I wouldn't listen anyway, I decided to open the door and see what this man wanted.

"Hey, my parents are busy come back later if you need them," I said while opening the front door.

"Hello, Charlotte," the man said ignoring my suggestion. The man was barely in his 60's, at least that's what he looked like. He was in a black suit, and definitely not a cheap one, he seemed as if he was going to a fancy dinner party, like the ones my dad would go to for work. His dark hair was nicely combed back, not allowing any grey loose strands to cover his bright eyes, "I actually need to talk to you,"

At that point, I really hoped this guy wasn't a governmental official, I've done a lot of things in my life that most likely would send me to Juvinial Dentation for a bit of time, I was anxious.

"I see you're home alone," he continued. It was definitely an uncomfortable situation, and the fact that he looked like he had power didn't help.

"So, you might want to come back later?" I suggested.

"No can do, I'm afraid I'm on a tight schedule," The man said while pushing through me to get inside the house. He made himself comfortable on my family's couch and pulled some papers from his suit pocket.

I sat on the other side of the couch observing him from a distance. What's with the suit? Why does he want to talk to me?

"Ah, where are my manners," The man said, "I'm Alexander Hale, but you can just call me Alexander" Alexander showed me his CIA ID badge, confirming my fear of this man being a government official. Yet he was in the CIA, so he couldn't send me to Juvie, meaning I was safe- for now. This man was a spy, a spy in my house, here to talk to me, maybe or maybe not here to learn more about me to find out where to send me for my "bad actions". I suddenly felt a bit of respect for Alexander, seeing as he was a spy, but that all vanished as quickly as it came.

"Hello, Alexander. I'd introduce myself but it seems you already know who I am," I flatly replied. I was a bit annoyed and I guess I did have a right to be, I didn't know as much as I would want to about the situation.

"Well, let's cut to the chase, shall we?" Alexander told me, I slightly nodded insisting him to continue, "You've been accepted into the Top Secret CIA Academy of Espionage"

I was shocked, well more confused. I wasn't spy material, and I didn't even know they existed, let alone that they literally acted as they came from a James Bond movie. I always admired them in the movies, how calm they could be in dangerous situations, but never thought they were a real thing. Well, nobody is supposed to-