𝟐𝟑. 𝐄𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝

"I've caught our moles sir."

Earlier on Your Finale,

The closet door opened.

I had been so lost in thought I hadn't realized how the man crossed the room, how Grayson's hand was now on my wrist, how the man had opened the closet door and exposed our hiding spot.

"My my!" Professor Randobal said, "What do we have here?"

---

Chapter 23

0030 hours

The catacombs under the academy

Professor Randobal caught us. We were done for. Screwed. Professor Randobal was quick with his actions, one second Grayson was glaring at him, and the next Grayson slumped. Randobal knocked him out, releasing his grip on him. Grayson fell, his body weight transferring over to me. I grunted due to the extra weight.

"Charlotte, nice to see you again." Randobal said as if it was everyday you come across two spies-in-training in a closet, an unconscious girl on the other side of the door. "Please don't make this harder and just follow me."

"As if." I said, through gritted teeth. This man was a monster, had he no remorse? He just knocked Grayson unconscious with his bare hands. "I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Do you want to end up like Millar?" Randobal asked me, a stern expression on his face.

His actions angered me. But I kept silent, sometimes it was better to be silent than to speak. Besides, I couldn't keep track of moles if I was out cold.

"I thought so," Randobal answered his own question. "Follow me."

He grabbed the heating blanket from me as he turned his back towards me and walked over to Elizabeth's body. Oh how I wish I had some sort of training for these situations. I thought of what to do. But in every plan I thought of, Grayson was conscious, he wasn't in a sleep-state. The one thing I could do was clear to me now, I would have to follow along with Randobal until Grayson woke up.

Pathetic.

I carefully watched Randobal as he walked towards the door.

"You'll be able to withstand an extra load, right?" Randobal asked me.

I internally rolled my eyes as I just stared at him. Of course. Leave the body to me.

I took a deep breath as I tried to lift Grayson. It was impossible. He was already heavier than me, him not being conscious didn't help either.

I dropped him and tried again. I bent and carried him from the closet and shifted his body so I was carrying him bridal-style.

I left the morgue, following after Randobal.

I was slow. Too slow.

Half of it was strategy, while the other half was just how weak I was. My arms were tired from carrying Grayson, and it was hard to walk because of him too. Randobal walked a yard in front of me, but I knew he wasn't getting slowed down by holding Elizabeth. He was slow to keep an eye on me. Yes he walked with his back towards me, but I could tell how he still had an eye on me.

I wondered were we were going as the lights in the catacombs became more vibrant.

Grayson and I didn't come this way before the whole event. If it wasn't colder here, I would have been mad that Grayson hadn't brought me into the catacombs from this area.