𝟐𝟏. 𝐋𝐚𝐛𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐡

"Are you cold?"

Earlier on Your Finale,

I unlocked my room door and there, laying in the middle of my bed, was Grayson.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed, placing a hand over my beating heart.

"Good morning," Grayson said, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. His hair was a mess and his voice raspy. I furrowed my brows in confusion, morning? "I hope you don't mind me taking a nap here," Grayson said, stretching, "You were just gone so long."

୨⎯ "Your Finale" ⎯୧

Chapter 21

2145 hours

XXX, Armstead Dormitory, Charlotte Anders

"Migraines?" Grayson asked me. I nodded.

"It's not true of course." I said.

"I wouldn't be too eager to deny it." Grayson said, looking up.

We were sitting side by side on my bed. I had just returned from Addy's dorm after a long conversation with her, which I was now sharing about it. Though when I came back to mine, a surprise was left, sleeping on my bed.

"Too eager?" I asked, laying down on my bed.

"Yes." Grayson said, as he turned his body towards me.

"Weren't you the one saying she was the mole in the first place?"

Grayson sighed, "I guess I haven't explained to you the whole story then."

"You haven't," I said.

"You just believed me without me even telling you my evidence."

"Huh," I said in realization, "I guess I did."

Grayson laughed, "At this point I could be the mole and lie to you and you'd believe me."

"Are you the mole?" I asked looking up at the ceiling, "Is this one of your mind games Grayson Millar?"

Grayson laughed, "Is it?" He paused, "How do I know you aren't the mole?"

"Touché, Millar."

"Touché, Anders." He responded which was then followed by a long moment of silence. I was the first to break it.

"Tell me," I said. "How do you know it's her?"

"Simple." He said, looking down at me. "She was the one gone for days, which happened to be the days, one on your first day at night, and her little trip the other day."

"Okay?"

"During those days you and I have been scouring the school, looking for evidence, talking to people, you name it. And the day of her return, she is summoned by Professor Randobal and caught in a classroom with him and Elizabeth an hour later."

I sit there, "Who's Elizabeth?"

"Wonderful," He adds condescendingly, "you don't even know your Student Advisor's name."

"I have a student advisor?" I say, eyes widening.

"Of course you do, we all have one." He says. "Elizabeth is your floor's advisor, and therefore in her sixth year. I'm surprised she hasn't arrived with her usual welcome wagon."

"She hasn't seen me yet." I say confused.

"Good thing, because she's another mole." He says.

"Another?"