𝟎𝟐. 𝐬𝐢𝐱 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬

"Who are you?"

Earlier on, Spy School 2~ Miles from Normal

I seemed to be put into a car of some sort. Heading in one direction, then another, and so on. After a little while, the car stopped.

"We're here!" Alexander said.

---

1703 hours

August 13

Top Secret CIA Academy of Espionage

I heard the car door open, Alexander getting out of the car, close, then the door closest to me open with a creak in protest. Alexander pulled me out - well more like assisted.

"You can take that off now," Alexander told me. I took the blindfold from my head.

What is this?, I thought. Tall, old stone walls surrounded us. There were buildings, some small, some large, and a shed in one corner of the stone walls.

The only thing tieing this school together was the vegetation, large patches of green grass between buildings with a forest of large trees surrounding the campus inside of the stone walls. Not your typical boarding school. The academy reminded me of a great-grandfather type of thing. Old to past generations but to this generation, old was an understatement.

A faint beeping sound rang, and Alexander stiffened.

"Over there!" Somebody yelled. It was then when I heard gunfire, that's when I started to panic, in a way.

"Charlotte, get inside!" I heard Alexander yell, "I'll hold them off," I started running towards the nearest building, the dirt started to fly as I got shot at, that's when I really started to panic. Must be life as a normal spy. I fought the sudden urge to look back as I ran. I kept running until I ran into the building's double doors and kept going, slipping on the ground here and there, that is until I was attacked. Well- let me rephrase that, pinned to the ground.

"What the- Get off of me!" My attacker put their hand over my mouth trying to silence me. I shot them a cold, cold look.

"Who are you?" They asked while they took their hand from my mouth.

"I think I should be asking you that," I answered still on the ground. My attacker had realization written all over his eyes, he seemed to understand something.

"Oh, great," they muttered under their breath. My attacker got off from me, got up on their feet, and took their mask off showing me their face. My heart skipped a beat, he was- gorgeous. He had grey-ash black hair and bright green eyes to complement them. He also seemed about my age, 14. I instantly regretted telling him to get off- I stopped myself before my thoughts could go any further.

"Grayson Millar," Grayson told me while helping me to my feet, "It's Charlotte...Anders, I believe?"

"Yes, that's me," I said while straightening my shirt, showing no sign of affection towards him. After two strangers knowing my name I wouldn't be surprised if the whole country did too.

"No time for small talk, Anders. You need to get to the principal, Barnabus Sidebottom." what a strange name, "You need to tell him our situation," Grayson finished while running up some stairs. I noticed something strange but voted not to tell Grayson just yet. We entered this long hallway connecting other hallways with a pair of double doors on the other side. Grayson unexpectantly stopped in his tracks almost causing me to bump into him. He flattened himself on the wall and peered around the corner, motioning me to do the same. I flattened myself on the wall as well. I heard Grayson curse under his breath. Before I could ask, he softly told me, "Two enemy agents, each armed."

"What do you want me to do?" I whispered back. I suddenly felt the urge to go to the restroom, great.

"Take this," Grayson told me while slipping an object into my hand- a taser, I soon realized, "It's short distanced but it'll do seeing you don't have the experience," Grayson motioned towards the doors at the end of the hall, "Library. Go through it and out the other side. Make a left then right and into the third door on your right." I mentally made a quick map of my directions. Grayson put three fingers out, then two, one. He ran around the corner while I ran straight ahead into the library.

I looked around the place- it was pretty cool and surprisingly big for a library - to find two enemy agents headed my way. I felt a rush of adrenaline as I ran around the corner waiting for the agents to pass where I last was. I made a quick plan and decided to put it to action. When the first came I stuck out my foot and tripped him. It wasn't hard considering his weight. I took out the taser Grayson gave me earlier and let it do its job on the man sprawled out on the floor. Before the other agent could realize what happened I moved out of the way while the agent fell on top of the now unconscious one. I quickly grabbed a book and whacked him on the back of his head with it and ran.

Even though I was exhausted I kept going not knowing my fate if I stayed behind longer. I ran out of the library and passed some more hallways and one label saying something along the lines of, 'Nathan Hale'. I made a quick note to myself to learn the campus after this, that is if I survived.

I ran to the left and then to the right and got to the third door on the right marked 'Principal'. Sadly, the door was locked with an industrial lock. I cursed under my breath trying to think of a solution, a hairpin, or scissors. I started to remember that one time when my younger brother wouldn't unlock his bedroom door, so I had to pick the lock with my hairpin. Either way, I didn't have scissors on me. I decided I could use my taser on the electric pin pad, I told myself now desperate. The enemy could come around the corner anytime now. To my delight, the door unlocked, a burnt smell coming from the panel.

I opened the door and stepped inside. I was welcomed with very faint music which I recognized came from the game, Flap Jack Frenzy. There were three people inside, Alexander, Grayson, and who I assumed was the principal. The principal was around the same age as Alexander, maybe even older by the looks of it. He had a black toupee on his head too, but it wasn't the best looking either.

Alexander was wearing a grin on his face, "Not bad," Grayson said breaking the silence.

I started to put one and one together. I didn't see any students or staff members and most schools started in two days. I didn't see any agents that were shooting at us outside either, but that probably was because I didn't look back.

"This was a test wasn't it?" I said feeling the adrenaline wear off.

"Correct," The principal told me, "And you scored a 91 % on the SACSA. One reason for how long you took."

I instantly knew it took me 6 minutes and 43 seconds to burst into the office doors.

"Do you think she knows?" I heard Grayson tell everyone but me.

"Guessing by that look on her face, yes," the principal said, "Do you care to tell us how long it took you, Charlotte?"

"6 minutes and 43 seconds," I said before I could stop myself. They all looked pleased.

"Level 15 math skills, alright," Alexander told everyone.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You have level 15 maths skills, a sense of time just comes with it," Grayson answered.

"Oh,"

"Nobody's told you that?"

"Not really, no,"

---

(word count: 1185)