𝟏𝟔. 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬

Earlier on, Spy School 2: Miles from Normal,

Grayson sighed, "Give me a minute." He then disappeared behind his closed door. I waited for a bit, what was going on in there? I could've sworn I heard something fall, and Grayson sounded really weird too. And what was that door thing- could he be hiding something?

My thoughts were interrupted when Grayson opened his door, he was wearing the school uniform and looked normal, except for his hair being a mess, and a growing bruise under his eye. I decided not to question it knowing he wouldn't say anything about it.

"Okay, you want to talk, let's talk."

---

Chapter 16

Armistead Dorms, Dorm 203; Grayson Millar

1305 hours

"Grayson, something really weird is going on here." I said. I pushed past Grayson to enter his dorm. I was right when I thought that something broke, his lamp fell- there was glass shattered on the floor in one corner of his room.

"You're going to have to be more specific." Grayson started, "And you keep slipping up with our last-name basis."

He grabbed my shoulders to turn me around to face him. He pressed his finger to my lips, signaling me to be quiet. I heard someone stop at Grayson's door. Then came a knock.

"Grayson!" I heard a familiar voice coming from the other side of the door.

Grayson sighed.

"How come he gets to call you Grayson and I can't?" I asked, jokingly, apparently, I spoke too loudly. He didn't respond.

"Woah, Grayson," The voice said again, "you've got a girl in there?"

Grayson and I's eyes widened, our faces a matching shade of red.

Grayson gritted his teeth, "I'll be right back," he said to me, rushing to the door, closing it behind him. I heard Grayson start talking to Brian, on the other side.

I smiled, now's my chance.

I started looking around Grayson's room. Opening drawers, looking under the bed. Which was made this time, I guess he took my advice.

It was then when I realized that there was a strong gust of wind coming from the window. Why would he have the window open on a hot day like this?

I pulled back the curtains as quietly as possible. I gasped, the window was shattered, a large hole right in the middle of it. I quickly closed the curtains, turning around. I started looking for glass shards inside his dorm. To my delight, the broken lamp shards, in the corner of his room, also had a mixture of large clear ones.

That's when I made my first conjecture.

What most likely happened here was that someone broke into Grayson's dorm room, from the window. They must've taken Grayson by surprise, until they started fighting. That's when I came, and I heard a door close.

My eyes widened; the intruder must be in Grayson's closet, it was the only door in his room.

I slowly turned towards the closet, quietly shuffling towards it. I listened for any sound suggesting someone was in there. I didn't hear anything, which didn't make sense, if there was a person in there who wanted to hurt Grayson, they wouldn't be hiding in the closet after they confronted him.

I sighed, mentally preparing myself for anything that might occur when I opened that door.

I stepped back, after I opened the closet door. There in a pile of limbs was a person, clad in black, with an empty syringe in their neck. From the looks of it, the intruder was a woman, possibly a girl. I took off the girl's mask revealing their identity. My eyes widened even more, but not in fear but in surprise, Lilith was the intruder, now peacefully sleeping in Grayson's closet.

My suspicions were confirmed.

I didn't have time to close the closet door, when Grayson entered his room again. We exchanged expressions; it was his turn to be surprised.

"Close the door," I said through gritted teeth.

---

"Wait," Jack said. After the events yesterday afternoon I called an emergency meeting. We were now all in my dorm room, late at night. "So, the mole is Lilith?" He finished.

"Yes," "No," Grayson and I answered.

"What do you mean no?" Grayson looked at me bewildered; annoyance written on his face.

"She's one of the moles," I said.

"Have you interrogated her yet?" Max asked.

"That's what we're going to do right now," Grayson rolled his eyes. I watched as Grayson walked over to my closet. After Grayson caught me with knocked-out-Lilith, I couldn't help but be upset.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I whispered under my breath. Grayson didn't respond. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked again, louder this time.

"I didn't feel the need to." Grayson said from behind me. I was still crouched on the floor, but instead of looking at Lilith, I was staring at the ground. I clenched my fists, gritting my teeth.

I couldn't help myself, "We're supposed to be working on this together,"

"I know," Grayson said.

I got up and looked him dead in the eye, "A mission isn't a one-sided thing, Grayson."

"Use my-"

"Don't." I interrupted him, "You have to keep up your side of the deal. We have to work together."

"Okay." Grayson said, breaking eye contact with me and reverting his eyes back to the ground.

"Tomorrow I'm going to call a meeting, and we're going to tell everyone, everything."

Grayson looked back at me and nodded. I could see annoyance in his eyes, mixed with- shame?

I never called Grayson by his last name after that. As a sign of disrespect and anger.

When Grayson opened my closet Lilith sat there, now awake, taped to my chair. He then took out her gag, causing her to lash out,

"You- bitch!" she said, looking at me. I sat on my bed, staring at her, confused. What'd I do now?

"What'd you call her?" Jack said, a hint of anger in his voice, he stood from his sitting position next to me. I put a hand on his shoulder, signaling him to sit back down.

"Now now, let's not get hasty." Said Max, who was now laying down on my carpet.

"You," Lilith said, turning towards me, "you ruined everything." I didn't remember doing anything to Lilith. The day we met was the day I decided to steer clear of her.

"You're the reason it all fell," she continued, "You're the reason we messed up. You and your shitty secrets."

——
(1114 words) sept. 15. 22

hi! i got a sudden rush of inspiration, so i began to write. I hope everyone is doing okay! i love u guys

- daliah