𝟎𝟑. 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧

"Oh, Charlotte is not joining us for dinner Brian"

Earlier on, Spy School 2~ Miles from Normal

"This was a test wasn't it?" I said feeling the adrenaline wear off.

"Correct," The principal told me, "And you scored a 91 % on the SACSA. One reason for how long you took."

I instantly knew it took me 6 minutes and 43 seconds to burst into the office doors.

---

1715 hours

August 13

Top Secret CIA Academy of Espionage

"Over there are some offices, and in that building are classrooms," Grayson said while pointing towards them, "and the dormitories are in that building."

"Cool," I said not paying attention. Instead, I was looking outside. Well, the kids outside really. They were running and tossing around... a yellow thing? I looked closer and found out that it was a yellow frisbee. "Oh, I haven't seen one of those in ages," I muttered to myself interrupting what Grayson was saying.

Grayson turned around and said, "You need to pay attention, Anders. In an emergency, you need to know where to go." Oh, so that's what he was talking about, emergency routes and stuff.

"Alright," I responded. Grayson seemed pleased.

"Around the corner and to the left is the mess hall." Grayson continued.

Meanwhile, I still wasn't paying attention. I was bringing back old memories of me playing frisbee at school with my friends.

Grayson realized the reason I wasn't paying attention, "You know, that's one of the reasons they chose you."

"Hm?" I said tearing my mind away from the frisbee and onto what Grayson was saying.

"You have a really good arm, aim, hand-eye-coordination," Grayson continued while sighing, "I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are good at throwing things. Like the time you threw that rock at Samuel because he wouldn't stop his friend from making a girl cry."

"How do you know about that?" I replied shocked because he knew such a thing.

"I have my ways." He replied mysteriously, "You can join them."

"Huh?" This threw me off.

"You can go and join those kids in their game of frisbee."

"Oh, I-uh,", I said thinking of an excuse. I didn't know those kids, and by the looks of it I wanted it to stay that way, "I'd rather not, I don't want to leave you here alone."

"Aww, is Anders scared to make new friends?" Grayson teased.

"You're such an idiot," I said not answering his question. I buried my face inside my hands not aware of the blush on my face.

"C'mon it's good practice, and maybe it'll be fun," Grayson said, dropping the act.

"Yeah, right," I mumbled. At that moment Grayson started running down the hallway.

"Wait up! Don't leave me here! I don't know where to go!" I said running after him.

"Maybe you should've paid more attention during my tour." He yelled back. I sighed and eventually caught up to him- till we were running side by side. I could've sworn I saw a look of surprise on his face for a split second

"Are we actually doing this?" I asked Grayson nervously.

"Yes," Grayson told me while we ran through some doors and almost knocked over a kid, "It's not like we have other things to do." Ha- just great, I told myself. I looked back to see if the kid we almost knocked over was okay-he was fine- strangely he had an expression of surprise, and he didn't try to hide it. After a couple of seconds past one minute, we were outside. By that time our run was a walk, and neither of us was out of breath. What can I say, I like running?

"Hey, you guys!" Grayson yelled to the 3 kids playing frisbee, "Mind if we join?"

"Huh?" One of the kids with blonde-ish hair and brown eyes said thrown off guard. The kid turned around and saw that it was Grayson talking to him and nervously said yes. I wonder why that is.

"Charlotte this is, Marcus, Leah, and Chase," Grayson introduced me while I was welcomed with a course of hellos.

"Alright! Let's get started." One of the boys with brown hair and eyes-Chase- said. We spread out and started passing the frisbee to each other. It went to Chase, then stopped at Marcus, Leah, me, and then Grayson. I forgot how much fun it was to pass around a frisbee. We ended up talking, making jokes, and even Grayson laughed a bit. It was like that for some time until it was 5 till 6 PM. Apparently, at 6 is when they serve dinner here.

"Hey Charlotte, we should get going," Grayson told me.

"Huh, how come?" I told him.

"Grayson's right," Leah said, while putting her brown hair up, "Dinner starts soon."

"Yeah, we should all head in," Chase added.

"It was nice meeting you Charlotte," Marcus told me.

"It was nice meeting you all too," I spoke. I waved goodbye and let Grayson lead me back to where we were earlier.

We walked through the double doors and were welcomed by someone greeting Grayson.

"Hey, Grayson!" A boy with brown hair and eyes said while walking towards us, "Oh, you didn't tell me you have a friend joining us." He said while looking at me.

"Oh, Charlotte is not joining us for dinner Brian," Grayson said flatly. What happened to the Grayson who was just in this hallway about an hour ago? And I thought he was nice.

"Alright then. You two have fun." I said annoyed walking in one direction. I heard Brain whisper something and Grayson punch Brian probably because of something Brian said. Idiots.

I kept walking until someone ran into me, "Hey watch it- oh. Uh, hello." They spoke. I looked up and saw that it was a kid my age. He had brown hair and bright green eyes.

"Hi...?" I responded- my mind still on the conversation that happened minutes ago.

"I haven't seen you around here... are you new?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm Charlotte, by the way, sorry I didn't introduce myself." I said with my full attention turned on our conversation.

"Well, Charlotte I'm Jackson. Are you heading to the mess?"

"What? Oh yeah, I'm heading to dinner."

"All alone?"

"That's not what I thought, but yeah I guess." Jackson's facial expression looked confused. Right, he wasn't there.

"Well, in that case, do you want to come to have dinner with my friends and me...?" Jackson nervously said.

"Are you serious?" I responded surprised.

"If you want to yeah."

"Well, uh sure, I'll come." I agreed.

---

(word count: 1102)