𝟎𝟓. 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

"Before us, there were these legends,"

Earlier on, Spy School 2~ Miles from Normal

I declined her handshake and simply said, "No thanks I'm good."

"Eh, who am I kidding. Your no good anyway." And with that, the snake left.

"Who does that girl think she is?" I asked Addy, but when I turned around, she was gone. "Weird," I said to myself shaking the thought off. 

---

4:03 AM

August 14

Top Secret CIA Academy of Espionage Mess Hall

"Shh,"

"What?"

"Shut up,"

I was half asleep when I heard people talking outside.

"Why did you drag me here?" I heard Max's voice. Before the other person could answer,

"Max? Jackson? Why are you guys here?" I heard Grayson say. Seemed like Max and Jackson didn't expect someone else to be up because I heard their hushed yelps. At this point I was awake.

"Why are you here?" Max asked Grayson. It seemed like they didn't want to answer the question.

"I asked you first."

"Well, uh you see..." Jackson started. I couldn't take it anymore,

"I don't think California has heard you yet maybe you want to talk a bit louder," I said sarcastically.

"Oh, uh hey Charlotte-" Jackson said clearly embarrassed.

"Hello," Max said weakly.

"Hey," I replied still tired. I looked over to Grayson then to everyone else. There was an awkward silence until the nearest door opened and someone stepped out. Luckily it was Addy, and all dressed too.

"Oh, hey guys!" She said while everyone turned their attention towards her, "Oh, sorry Grayson I asked Max and Jackson to help me with something, I guess I accidentally wrote 3 AM and not 3 PM." Addy had this pretty good fake smile plastered on her face. If I didn't know what was going on, I would've thought Addy was telling the truth. 

We all looked at Grayson who seemed like he was going over all the events. That's when the thought struck me, "You know Grayson, you still haven't told anyone why you are in the girl's dorm's hallway at 3 AM." Grayson gave me this very cold, cold stare, and I returned it with a sarcastic smile. There was obviously a reason he was here, and he didn't want to share it, I thought if I redirected to conversation towards him, he might get upset and leave us alone. To my delight, it worked.

"You don't need to know that." Grayson flatly said while walking away so we couldn't ask more questions. Max and Jackson sighed.

"That was close," Max said.

"What exactly were you guys doing?" I asked.

"Uh, so you uh you see..." Grayson started.

"Jackson found a map showing the school building, secret spots, and stuff. Jackson decided to look for "secret" hiding and passageway sorta things," Max finished.

"Oh," Addy and I said together.

"Any luck?" I asked.

"Yeah, but it's just a stairwell behind an ATM across from the main entrance," Jackson said.