Chapter 50

Tears streamed from his eyes before he could stop it.
Before him, in a beautiful dress and looking ghostlike, but oddly more solid too, stood Y/n, smiling sadly at him.
He made to reach for her hand, but found he could not touch her. Her smile faltered a little.

"I'm so sorry. You shouldn't have gone, if I only had screamed-"

"I'm going to ask you, for me Mr Loverman, to not blame yourself on chance. It happened because it had to. I don't know why me" a night tear leaked from her shinning eyes, " but we can't reverse it. This is not your fault Draco"

The mention of his name from her voice seemed to alight something inside him. He listened to her with all his attention. Trying to record in his mind her voice, for this might be the last time he heard it.

"I am begging you, grief me, mourn me, and when you are ready, move on. You have a whole life in front of you. Find someone, surround yourself with people who love you"

"What if I don't want to. What if I can't?"

"Don't tell me you can't because I know you do. I will always be with you Draco. I live in your memory, I'm your heart, in our letters. But you have to move on. Because for you life goes on my love"

He smiled sadly. His gaze still fixed on her gorgeous face. Renewed tears leaked from his eyes.

"Our time is nearly up, but please promise me Draco"

"I promise you" he said with all the strength he could muster.

"Good. Draco, in my room, there's a picture, a picture of us with Daph and Blaise. Take it, have it, if you can manage, duplicate the for them. Please say goodbye to them for me. Tell them how much they meant" she paused, considering... "I love you Draco Malfoy". She closed up and caressed his face. Her touch was light, but he longed for it. She planted a soft kiss on his lips, and even tho he could barely feel it, and no longer could taste the cherry of her, it seemed to relief pain in him like nothing could've done so.
"I love you too Y/n Lyron"

"Goodbye Draco"

But before he could do it his voice broke. He mouthed the words "good bye" and broke to pieces as she disappeared.

Harry came back inside. "All right Malfoy?"

He stiffly nodded and walked back out of the room handing back the stone. "Thank you". He wished he could stay there forever, waiting for her to collect him and take him with her to eternity.

As he found the last steps, he saw Gemini was right next. He decided he needed to talk with her, so he waited for her reappearance from the room.

Fifteen minutes later, that seemed to last a century, Gemini emerged smiling heartbroken, face tearful. She looked up at him, but before she made his way to him, she turned and hugged George tightly. "He is with her" she said to him. George looked shocked, and soon followed Harry towards the room.

Gemini came to him and signalled for them to walk. He was thankful, he could not bear sitting and looking directly into the face Y/n very much resembled.

"Before anything, Draco, I forgive you... I know you loved her, and I know she loved you too"

Draco gave a grateful nod. But still could not find his voice.

"She's also told me about the photograph. You can come to Valerian's Hall anytime to retrieve it. If you would like anything else, feel free to ask" she said simply.

"Thank you Ms Lyron, and, again, I'm really sorry... for everything"

She looked at him for a moment and then hugged him. He hugged back trying to put in the hug all the words he could not say. And silently they made their way back to the Hall.

"Malfoy! Wait up!" Called George Weasley, Draco steered and waited. Gemini nodded and kept walking on her own.

"Sorry mate" he said sadly.

"You too, it's cruel"

"Yeah" said George, pausing a moment as they walked. "Freddie told me she's with him.."

Draco did not know what to say, so he stayed silent.

George stopped and held out a hand to him. He was slightly taken aback, but still pleased. he took it.

"She always wanted us to be friends, can't see why not mate" said George lastly.

Draco smiled and walked on. They parted ways as he walked back towards his parents.

He would be alright. Life spread in front of him. He had time to spare for his heart to heal.
He looked at Blaise and Daphne, who knelt besides Y/n's body.

Both crying, they walked over to him.
They sat in silence. All thinking of her.

There would be time to talk.