Chapter 35

Y/n's POV ————

It took him several tries, but at last he managed it. He apparated beside her holding a broken piece of marble.

She smiled at his sight, and without hesitation, held him in her arms. She felt a few pieces inside him stick back together.
Y/n disentangled herself and held his face in her hands. His skin was dry and pale. He looked awfully ill, sleepless, and hollow.

She didn't want it to show on her eyes, so she crashed the taste of cherry with mint. Their lips moved in sync, longing and passionate.
They kissed for a long moment, barely letting seconds pass from adjusting themselves.
How long it had been, he tasted like paradise to her. His hands moved over her with comfort, he had not forgotten her body.
She caressed the back of his head, running her hands through his blonde messy hair.

She pulled away, fearing that if she didn't, she would never be able to. She held him again.

"Please don't let me go" he whispered on her neck.

"I won't"

She felt the taste of salty tears on her mouth. "Draco"

He looked at her, not fully letting her arms slip from holding him. "I think- no. I love you".

She looked at him stunned. It was so sudden but so real. She looked into his gray eyes, stormy, and even though they were darker and sunken, they were still awfully hypnotic. "I love you too".

"I have something bad to do. And maybe you won't love me after it's done, but-"

She kissed him again.

"No, please listen" he begged.
"Don't hate me. If we survive, if we make it through, I want to run away with you, far from here, in that house I told you in the mountains of Ireland. Where it will be only you and me. You won't need to choose, I will have a choice, we will be free. All I ask you, is to please don't hate me"

She was crying bad now. It was rare, but Draco flooding with emotion was something unique, it filled her, it was beautiful but so sad in the case. She kissed him again, and again. "I will never hate you Draco. I know you don't have a choice... I love you too much to hate you" kiss. "We will make it through" kiss.

"There is going to come a time where I will be gone" he began, as though if telling her this was crucial, like she didn't know. "We won't know of each other for too long"

"I know, i promise I won't go looking for you if you don't want me to" she could see the pain in his eyes, they really wouldn't see the other for a long while.

"I want you to, but you would get killed if you did, and I don't know if I can live in a world where there is a tomorrow you won't be there"

She smiled crying, in a different situation she would've cringed at the cheesy words, but right now, she could care less. Kiss kiss kiss.
"You have to go" she whispered

"Can you hold me a little longer?"

She hugged him so tight he could've melted into her. She kissed him again, not letting go, tasting the mint in its full glory, she would not have this for so long, perhaps for a lifetime, she would not let it be a waste.
He kissed back. Longing, as though it might help him stay alive.

At last they pulled away. She took an empty stone pot and turned it into a Portkey. "I love you Draco Malfoy"

He held it. "I love you Y/n Lyron".
Crack. He was on the other side of the bushes once more.

She ran to the house, the proximity threatened her of passing out. She made it to her room and started to pack some stuff to get to the Burrow the next day.

~~~

It seemed like Fred and George no longer lived in the house. The Lyrons had set up a large tent next to the house since it didn't have space to hold that much people.
She'd been hoping to have them around, they might pop by on Christmas, but the rest of the holidays she would be rather lonely.

Mrs Weasley was a very kind woman, she received them cheerfully and made them some excellent food. "Fred and George have told me about you! They are very fond of you dear".

The following days of their arrival, Y/n stayed in their tent, painting or reading. Her family was usually in meetings and Y/n was avoiding the other inhabitants of the house. During meals, Harry had taken it to sit besides her to try and get information on Draco's doings. It was driving her insane.

"But look, I think you know more than you are letting on" he said in an urgent whisper like she was dead and didn't understand the importance.

"I told you I don't know what Draco is up to! I'm trying to get over him and you interrogating me about his bloody life is not helping Potter, Get it for once! I DO NOT KNOW!"

Everyone went silent. She had never lost her temper in front of this many people.
She flushed, standing silently, "excuse me. It was delicious Mrs Weasley thank you" and she left the table.
Whipping tears, she walked to the tent. A nice woman named Tonks brought her tea a little later. She was back on her stool painting.

"Sorry, I never lose my temper like that"
She said as Tonks laid the tray on a table beside her.

"Don't apologize. I know loving someone with a complicated life is hard" she said quietly as she sat on the couch.

"Yeah". Y/n looked at the girl for the first time. She had mousy hair, she remembered it used to be a bright color when she'd seen her before, but now she looked down and a tired expression was spread on her face. Why was everyone looking like that lately? "Thank you for the tea"

"No problem" she stood, giving her a look of understanding, and making Y/n wonder who was the person that conflicted Tonks. "Wotcher" and she left.