Chapter 20

Y/n woke up sore and puffy eyed. Las day's events flashing before her as she opened her eyes.
She drew open her curtains and noticed it was rather too early. None of the other girls were awake. Daphne's blinds were also shut.

"Great" she whispered bitterly. Y/n stood up, picked out a simple but nice outfit, and went to shower. She did her hair a little bit more than usual, and then got out of the room making her way up for breakfast. There were rather few people around. No Hufflepuffs, two Ravenclaws, four Gryffindors including a worn Harry Potter, and another Slytherin from the seventh year.
There were no one from durmstrang, nor from Beauxbatons.

Y/n took her seat alone and ate some cheeriowls. Her mind was still working what happened, how could it have happened...
Her expression through the morning was rather blank and vague, one might even suspect her under the imperious curse. She wandered around the grounds and sat herself alone under a tree in front of the lake. Alone time helped her to think.

Salazar knows how long she stayed there just looking at the infinite, when she saw that everyone was up and people were moving all around. She noticed a mass of girls giggling following an annoyed Victor who seemed to be doing his daily workout.

Y/n wasn't in the mood to see people so she started to make her way back.

"Where have you been?" Asked an annoyed looking Draco.

"Wandering around" answered Lyron emotionless.

"Why didn't you wait for us you brat" teased Blaise.

"I'm not in the mood to be around people honestly" she replied simply.

Both boys looked a bit alarmed at each other but ignored it and dragged her inside the castle. The warmth of inside felt rather pleasant.

"Have you at least eaten something Lyron?" Asked Blaise.

"Yeah, I had some cereal for breakfast"

"Alright, now stop with that long face an depressed voice and put yourself into your full height. Don't give them the delight to see you sad"

Almost instinctively, Y/n's expression changed, from blank to warm and charming as always. She gave her cousin a small smile and went inside the great hall holding Draco's arm in case she lost balance.

"Now little cousin, I need you to give me the list of guys you waitlisted for the twat so we can get you a date for the ball" smiled Blaise as they sat down. Zach looked at them from the corner of his eye when they came in, Daphne not too far did so too.

"Wait have you got a new date already?" Asked Y/n impressed.

"Why ofcourse! Some lovey French girls approached me this morning to tell me they're sorry for my breakup and asked if I was still going with her, long story short I got myself a French girl" winked Zabini with a proud expression.

Draco and Y/n laughed at this, and noticed Daphne turn a slight shade of green. Perhaps she didn't see that coming.

"Now, about your options I was thinking-"

"Why we are sorry to interrupt you Zabini, but we'd like a word with our dear Latina friend" smiled Fred Weasley who appeared to Y/n's left. She stood up smiling and let him guide her to wherever it was.

Just out the hall was also his twin brother talking animatedly to a Hufflepuff boy, who soon left as he saw the two approaching.

"Ah! Y/n! Just the lady I was looking for" smiled George.

"Why were you looking for me?" Laughed Y/n

"You see, it came to our attention you no longer have a date to the ball, and we thought, well Georgie here has no date either"