Chapter 15

Draco Malfoy had just popped out of the fireplace, clearly by the means of floo powder, and looking a little agitated.

"I'm so very sorry to intrude your house this late, but since you are ignoring my letters, I figured I'd come and tell you myself!" He blurted out, not being completely able to conceal the annoyance off his voice.

Blaise and Y/n were at a complete loss of words. The shock from the cup and seeing his father amongst the death eaters hadn't wore off. The color from their faces had left and they looked as white as the marble that adorned the house.

"What? Looks like you've seen a ghost!" Said Draco airily.

"We-" began y/n

"We just didn't expect anyone this late..." said Blaise awkwardly.

"Oh alright, I thought you were mad at me or something" added Draco lazily looking at the clock.
At his words both Blaise and y/n stiffened, but Malfoy didn't seem to notice.

"What was so urgent you wanted to tell us?" Asked Y/n at last.

"Oh right. Father has told me there is going to be a great event this year at school, a triwizard tournament!"

"I thought those had been banned because people died in them!?" Alarmed Y/n

"Yeah, but the ministry worked it up and it will take place at Hogwarts, with visitors from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons!" Draco went on

For a shocking moment, both cousins had forgotten why a Malfoy's presence made them uneasy, and bombarded him with exited questions. He tried and answered, but had to stop them because it was getting rather late and he had to get back to his house.

They said their goodbyes, and Draco disappeared in the midst of the green flames.

~~~

By 10:30 am, Blaise and Y/n were already in King's Cross station, slyly making their way to and through the barrier. They heaved their trunks into the train and wandered for a bit until they found their friends.

Y/n spotted the twins and made her way to say hi, they greeted her but she left them after a quick moment since their family looked at her like she was the devil. That was one thing she didn't like about here, the villain prejudice towards all Slytherins. It was a bit annoying.

She found Zach and Daphne and found a compartment with them to sit on.
After the engine started, they went on about their holidays, Zach and Y/n filled Daphne in about their stories at the Quidditch World Cup, and about what Draco had told her and Blaise about the triwizard tournament.

Daphne went on about the charming French boys until Blaise came in, and they started with their simping for each other. Zach seized his chance and took Y/n by surprise.
"Why was Malfoy spending so much time at your place? More than Daphne or I?"

"Excuse me?" Y/n asked annoyed at the look in Zach's face.

"Are you an item or something? He visited you more than me!"

"Oh my god Zach. Is this jealousy?" Asked Y/n half alarmed half amused at the boy

"I'm not jealous! I'm curious!" He said, his voice almost betraying his awkwardness.

" fine, mr curious. Not that it is any of your business, needless to remind you we are nothing more than friends as of the moment, but No, we are not an item, Draco is my best friend and he spent a lot of time with us because his parent's had a lot to do and he got bored alone at home" she answered calmly.

Zach didn't speak for a moment, perhaps trying to find the right words but failing, until at last he said "oh, alright then, best friends"

~~~

They arrived at Hogwarts and watched the sorting. The hat made a brand new song, and sorted the students.
Their plates filled and they ate away.
After the tables were cleaned of food and the students were starting to give into tiredness, the headmaster spoke.

"This year, we will be part to a momentous event. After years, it is a delight to announce that Hogwarts will play host to the iconic Triwizard Tournament..." the professor explained in the whole and informed everyone that the arrival of the guest schools would be by october, and finally dismissed them to bed.

As they made their way to the common room after getting the new password *parselmouth*, Draco and Y/n's exited conversation got interrupted. Zach came I between them both and added himself to the chat. Draco looked annoyed, but Y/n looked utterly amused. Definitely jealous.

They said their good nights and slowly went up to the rooms.
Malfoy and Lyron stayed behind talking. It had become something common, they had gotten close during the summer, for the exception of the end of it, but for some unknown reason Y/n had apparently forgotten all about her not wanting to be around Draco. Who she now declared her best guy friend. Daphne still on her throne ofcourse...