Chapter 21

She found the twins and Angelina standing by the entrance to the grand staircase, many heads turned to look at her and she heard some "woah" "damn" and "gorgeous". She could not help to hide her smile.

"Look at you pretty lady!" Said Fred smiling.
"You look amazing Y/n" smiled Angelina, she too looked fantastic, her hair was in beautiful waves and complimented her complexion gracefully.

"Well I am a lucky lad tonight" said George offering his arm for her to hold. He placed a small flowery bracelet with gold and green details to it.
"I love it" she told him. She knew how talented and artsy the twins were for their jokes and charms, and could tell this was made with magic.

They walked inside the great hall, admiring the decorations and the setting down of the tables, and took their places.
Slowly, it was starting to fill in by the rest. Blaise with his French companion who could not take her eyes off him, Draco (who looked extremely handsome himself) with Pansy who looked a bit lame, her dress barely complimenting her complexion but her hair nicely done, and Daphne with Zach, both looking gloom and awkward. Their table was soon joined by Lee and the Hufflepuff boy of the other day.

Once everyone had settled and the champions had entered with their partners, a menu was placed in front of them, they looked puzzled but noticed the headmaster, and copied him.
The food was delightful, some of the best she had ever had. They ate between laughter and jokes, how nice it was.

Once everyone was done, the champions took the dance floor, and opened the ball. Fred and George could not help but laugh at Harry who was looking anxious and was being guided by his partner.
After a moment, the headmaster joined in with professor McGonnagall, and more couples jumped in.

"May I have this piece?" Asked George smirking.
"Why ofcourse" smirked Y/n back.

He was an excellent dancer, he knew his steps and guided her gracefully, with nearly no effort holding her up. They met Draco dancing with a mesmerized Pansy, which made the pit of Y/n burn once more, then Fred and Angelina, and then lost track of people as they engaged in conversation.

After a while of dancing and not feeling their feet anymore, George let her sit while he got them something to drink.

Draco's POV ————

After a good 20 minutes of convincing, Pansy had finally let Draco go and get some drinks, which was actually an excuse for him to breathe. She invaded his space so much it was making him tired.

He'd spent a good portion of the night glancing in Lyron's direction, making sure se was alright, you know, best friends care for each other...

"Hey look mate, I know we are far from friends and that your family and mine don't see exactly eye to eye-" began the voice of one of the twins. Draco was never able to recognize which is which.

"Excuse me?" Interrupted Malfoy

"I'm going to ask you this once. Are you going to man up and asks her to dance?" Asked Weasley.

"What?"

"Are you blind Malfoy? Look. See my friend here really likes you, and anyone with common sense can tell you like her too. So, are you gonna man up and ask her to dance or are you giving me free range to make my move?" He asked.

It took a minute for it do down on what the red haired man was saying. He didn't know whether to believe him or not, after all, he was one half of a whole mayhem. "Are you being serious?" Asked Malfoy in disbelief.

The twin just laughed and glanced back at Y/n, she was talking cheerfully with another girl and the other twin. then again to Draco.
"And how do you pretend me to man up Weasley?" Sneered Draco.

"Why are you always so defensive? Look just, we'lol cause some diversion and leave her alone, got the balls to go to her?" He asked.

"Why are you helping me?" Asked Malfoy still not confident.

"I'm not helping you twat, I'm helping her. If she didn't look at you like she does, I'd already done my part and after today she'd be my girlfriend you know?" Said George casually.

Malfoy took a minute to take in the situation. It was a lot to risk, perhaps he had read the signs wrong and Lyron looked at him in a sisterly way and Weasley made him embarrassed, but perhaps he was right.

Y/n's POV————

Fred and Angelina were so much fun to talk to, but Y/n was starting to worry where had George gone, how could someone take so long to get drinks? It took Fred five minutes. All of a sudden, George came speaking hurriedly to Fred and they started saying some funny stuff about having to go and dragging a confused Angelina along. They disappeared in the crowd.
What was that about?

"Why do lonely?" Smirked Draco beside her.

She looked startled. That was odd and perfectly timed. Too perfect to be coincidence...

"Managed to slip from the pugs clutches have you?" Teased Y/n

He gagged on his drink and laughed.
"One may say I have" he smiled.

Then he stood up and offered her a hand. With close to no hesitation, she took it.
He was guiding her, not to the dance floor, but outside.
It was cold. Winter air hit them and made her spine shiver. He kept walking and another shiver completely unrelated to the weather followed her.

They were in the courtyard. The music carried down and out here in the cold night air, and Draco had taken her and started guiding their step.
This was unexpected. Draco Malfoy being this nice. She didn't say anything, but simply smiled. The coldness of the air seemed to vanish and warmth spread inside her.

They stayed like that for a while, slow dancing in the snow, while music played in a distant background. Dreamlike.

After god knows how long, they made their way back inside the great hall. There were fewer people, but music still played and couples still danced. Parkinson seemed to have left in disappointment of her date disappearing. Fred was slow dancing with Angelina and both winked at her when they noticed who she was with. George was dancing with another Gryffindor girl and also threw her a small smile.
Perhaps in another life George would've been her one. But not in this one. This one was with the platinum blonde slightly air headed complicated but charming Draco Malfoy...