Chapter 13

August came quicker than Y/n anticipated, she was counting the days for her mum's arrival, as well as the great day she'd be seeing the final with Bulgaria and Ireland.

Gemini Lyron arrived in the second week of august. Jet lag had downed hard on her so she wasn't usually up, until after two days when she managed to accommodate to the new schedule.
She was charmed by Blaise and his great talent to be liked by parents, she kept her space with Ms Zabini and the mystery air she emanated, and gotten incredibly well along with Aunt Zabini.

After some days, Daphne dropped in to meet Y/n's mom, and also managed to get on her good side with ease, "what a lovely young lady".

Draco and Zach had still to come by. Neither of them had known Ms Lyron would be coming and both mailed letters to Y/n of needing time to mentally prepare to meet her mother and asking for advice so they made a good first impression. Y/n had found that amusing, why were they both anxious? But mainly, why was Draco so anxious? He was just Y/n's new best guy friend.

~~~

After a week had passed, Draco decided to visit and meet Y/n's mom. It had gone marvelous, he was nervous but covered it well, so Ms Lyron was too charmed by him.
Two days after him, Zach came, and being the extra he is, he brought Ms Lyron flowers, asking Y/n beforehand for her favorite ones, with the excuse of "having to get on the best side before she knows she may be my mother in law!".

"They are both very sweet you know" said Ms Lyron once the boy left.

"Yeah..?" added Y/n uncertain.

"You know, if, you choose to let them go on-"

"What?" Interrupted Y/n. "What do you mean?" She felt her cheeks burn.

"Do not act like that, I can tell they like you..." said Gemini amused

"They, ok wow, uh, look mum I love you but we are not having this conversation" said Y/n. She didn't want to discuss feelings, she has never liked that. Y/n was never the one to open and wear their heart on their sleeve...

"Why?" Teased Gemini

"Because I don't want to mum, they're my friends, and that is that" said Y/n.

Before Ms Lyron could push it further, Y/n took a turn and rushed back into the manor. Today was not a day to talk about boys, specially not about those two...

~~~

The big day had come, their bags were packed and their VIP port key to the cup was waiting for them. They said their goodbyes to Aunt Zabini and Ms Zabini, and went to wait for their cue.
Once they arrived, they were guided to their tent space, it was in the best area and most of their Slytherin classmates were close.
Ms Lyron set the magnificent tent up with a flick of her wand, and they made themselves comfortable inside.

After a bit, Blaise and Y/n decided to go and wander around to see who they encounter, keeping from going to areas too far from their own.
They found Daphne's father and brother along the way, her and her mother didn't come since they weren't precisely keen to be in a tent or to watch sports.
They also met Zach and his parents, who later made their way to chat to Y/n's mother. They came across Draco's tent but neither him nor his father seemed to be inside. Theodore Nott was not far either, and made them come in for some tea.
They also came across witches and wizards from all over the world, with strong accents and funny ones. Y/n recognized some Spanish couples, a Portuguese family, a group of cheerful Italians, and to her great delight, friends she recognized from Castelobruxo. They weren't the closest ones, but it was still lovely to see them again.

Once it was time, they put on warm coats with a green and white ribbon to show support for the Irish team, and then made their way to the stadium. On their way up, they met Zach and Draco, who were with their parents as well.

Thanks to Draco's father, they got a preference seat in the minister's box, with an excellent view of the field. They greeted the minister and the pompous Ludo Bagman, and then found their seats.
Y/n was utterly amazed by the fact that there were already a group of people in the box, a bunch of red haired people, and none other than the famous Harry Potter.

"Ah and here's Lucius!" Started Fudge.

All of them turned suddenly to look at us, pure hatred in their eyes as they watched Draco and his parents, and complete lack of interest towards the rest of us.

"Ah, Fudge" greeted Mr Malfoy, "How are you? I don't think you've met my wife, Narcissa? Or our son, Draco?"

"How do you do, how do you do?" Greeted the minister back.

"And these are some family friends, ofcourse, you know the Selwyns, and young Mr Zabini here, and the gorgeous Y/n Lyron and her mother, who are visiting from Castelobruxo?" Added Mr Malfoy.

The Minister greeted them all and introduces us to the Bulgarian minister for Magic. Then he introduced the red haired lot. Y/n now recognized them, they were the Weasley family, accompanied by Harry and Hermione, the bushy haired know it all.

Y/n really didn't seem to mind, she'd never interacted with them and didn't know them so she just ignored them and took a seat. To her left was her mum and Blaise, and to her right was Zach and his mother.
Draco seemed disappointed that the row had no seats left so he took a seat with his parents on the row below them.

Y/n didn't catch it, but she noticed that for a minute, Draco and the golden trio were bitterly talking, pure hatred still on their eyes.

The match began and was full of emotion, the Irish chasers were incredible, Y/n was trying to drink in their moves and learn from their actions to try it after on the pitch, it was mesmerizing to watch.
The Irish had made impecable goals and the stadium trembled with cheers and groans, until at last the iconic Victor Krum fought the snitch in a heart stopping dive.

Cheering and recounting what happened, the group made their way back to the tents, now that adrenaline was slowing down, they felt tired and aches for some sleep.