Chapter 23

The last day of school was gloomy and dark. The great hall was covered not by a house color, but by black banners bearing a big H.
No tables were laden, but benches facing the front. A memorial for Cedric Diggory.

Everyone took their seats. Y/n not letting go of Draco's hand for a second. She knew he was stressed, of what's coming, and what might the headmaster say.

Dumbledore said beautiful words in memory of the charming, sweet and loyal Hufflepuff boy. But there was something in his speech that made many tense. He dragged the topic of war and Voldemort being back into the memorial. Was that really necessary? We are commemorating a student, an innocent boy, telling everyone about Voldemort's return could wait!

Angry tears leaked from her eyes. Draco wiped them and held her hand tightly close to him.

Once it was over, they started to walk back to the common room, most Slytherins looked down and stressed... later that day their guests would be leaving, and next day the train would be ready for them to leave too.

"Miss Lyron, a word please" Professor Snape had stopped them. She smiled Draco reassuringly and followed their head of house.

"I must ask you to prepare your belongings. You will be leaving today to the Zabini manor, you travel early tomorrow to go back home" he drawled.

"Oh, okay" said Y/n. After everything that had happened this year, she had completely forgotten that she'd be leaving after it was over, that she'd be going home and back to Castelobruxo, with no Blaise, and no Draco Malfoy. No Draco...

She walked back to the common room feeling hollow. She did not want to say good bye.

The common room was moderately packed. Draco was talking with Blaise secretively by the sofás next to the fire. She felt the knot in her throat enlarge.

She caught their eye and signaled them to go out, they looked puzzled but followed.

As soon as they were in the courtyard, she turned back to them, once more her eyes were blurry with tears.

"I'm leaving today" she managed to say.

They both went blank. It seemed they too had forgotten she'd be leaving after the fourth year was over...

"Can't you leave tomorrow?" Asked Blaise in a weak voice.

"My flight is tomorrow morning, I'm going tonight" some tears had started to spill.

"I'll pack your things. Say your goodbyes to anyone to need to, we'll be the last" said Blaise also with a dry mouth.

She gave them a weak smile that did not reach her eyes, and kissed Draco before they turned.
She would never be able to have a mint again.

Once they were away, she started to look all over the castle for the twins. She needed to say goodbye, god knows how long it would be before she saw them again. She knew unlike Draco and Blaise, they did not have the means to have a summer vacation to South America...
Near to the Gryffindor common room, she came across them.

"Fred! George! Wait!" She breathed.

They turned and went to meet her, leaving the others to go before them.

"What had gotten you so agitated dear Y/n?" Asked Fred smiling.

"Everything alright?" Asked George a bit concerned.

A tear leaked. "I'm leaving today. I came to say goodbye" she said with much effort. The knot in her throat was threatening to leave her speechless.

They both stopped smiling, and looked at her rather longingly and sad. "When will we ever see you again?" Said Fred in a would be cheering voice.

"Not leaving us forever are you" said George with a mall creaking in his voice.

"Never, I'll see you before you expect it" she smiled and let some more tears fall. She hugged Fred tightly, and then George even tighter. Both planted a small kiss on her forehead as they hugged. Before she left them, they gave her a small box bearing a golden W. "When you come back, we'll be waiting you in our joke shop" they said in usinson.
"Small preview for our favorite Slytherin" said George.
They said goodbye one last time. And parted ways.
Tears were streaking down her face, she tasted the salty ness in them.
When she was down and entered the common room, her trunk and her bags were waiting for her. Blaise and Draco were waiting for her. They took her belongings and dragged them towards snape's office, where a port key was waiting for her to leave.

"You have twenty minutes Miss Lyron, do not miss the portkey" said Snape before leaving the room. With a flick of his wand, her bags vanished, and all that was left were the two boys.

"I'll make it short so you have time" smiled Blaise. "It was amazing to have you bella, bonita?" He asked in his attempt at Spanish.
Y/n gave a shaky laugh "Italian suits you better".
"We will see each other soon, hopefully because of something good rather than bad I dare say" he said trying to stop himself from getting soft. "Ciao bella" he hugged her tightly, planting a small peck on her head, and leaving without looking back.
The handsome and mysterious Blaise Zabini would never allow anyone so see him cry or get soft.

16 minutes.

"Can I go with you?" Asked Draco teasingly.
"I wish you could. No one back home is blonde with a head full of air and an annoyingly smart and artistic little shit" she teased, half crying half smiling.

"Ah yea, we'll I'm one of a kind" he said, but his smile faltered.

Without another word they hugged so tight they might knock the air off the other.

"Write to me. Tell me what is going on. And if it ever becomes possible, I'll be waiting to see you visit me home" she said barely being able to see from all the tears.

"Pen pals" laughed Draco weakly.

8 minutes.

"Don't date Pansy while I'm gone tho. You're only my blonde twat, no one else's" she said caressing his blonde locks.

He just laughed and planted a small kiss on her lips.

5 minutes.

They got lost in the taste of mixed mint and cherry. Passionate and heart breaking. A last goodbye kiss.

2 minutes.

"What am I going to do without you, I'll be surrounded by brainless twats again" said Draco between kiss and kiss.

"Don't think you've got rid of me so fast! As long as you don't forget about me you won't be alone" smiled Y/n between kiss and kiss.

1 minute.

They hugged so tightly, they felt their hearts shatter. How they both hated goodbyes. Both trying to keep it together, no matter how close, they both hated being vulnerable.

One last look at each other, Y/n placed her hand around the old newspaper port key.

5 seconds.

"I love you Draco".

"I love you too Y/n"

Gone.