Prince of Malibu

THE REST OF the ferry ride was spent with Sebastian trying to find dolphins (he found none) and me enjoying watching his eyes light up every time he thought he saw one

        THE REST OF the ferry ride was spent with Sebastian trying to find dolphins (he found none) and me enjoying watching his eyes light up every time he thought he saw one. We stayed wrapped up with each other, partially for warmth but mostly because I wasn't ready to let him go yet. He didn't seem to mind.

        By the time we're back at the docks, we're both cold and starving but happy. Sebastian is complaining about the lack of dolphins, face extremely put out. "It's the dead middle of winter, Seb. Of course there are no dolphins."

        He flushes. "You told me we might see one!"

        "You just looked so excited! I didn't want to take that from you," I argue, fighting back a laugh.

        Sebastian pulls me over and ruffles up my hair with his fist. "You're despicable."

         "Dolphins in January," I mumble, a laugh in my voice.

        We end up deciding to eat at a pizza place, sharing one pie with two different options: his being the works with pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, and peppers and mine being just plain cheese. The restaurant is warm enough that there's no need for our huge winter coats and so we shed them by the time we're done eating. As Sebastian pays the check, I'm almost completely warm.

         Him losing the jacket allows me to see what Sebastian is wearing exactly. He's got on a thick dark blue and green flannel along with a white shirt underneath, one that sculpts to his body perfectly and has me staring for far longer than I should. I think about the tanned skin underneath, the parts of it that I had memorized and the parts that I still didn't know. Sebastian clears his throat and my eyes quickly dart back up to his face and I'm dismayed to see a smirk on it. "What're you thinking about?" he asks, voice teasing.

         I start to make a joke or a lie but what comes out is, "I want to rip your clothes off of you." 

        Sebastian's eyes widen just a bit before he regains his composure. "And I want to kiss every inch of your body."

A blush warms my neck and I set my elbows on the table, glaring at him. "That's not fair to say to me," I groan, my pants tightening underneath the table.

Sebastian laughs before glancing out of the window. "No way!"

I'm focusing on readjusting my pants when Sebastian grabs both of our jackets and pulls me up to my feet. "What are you—?"

He pulls me outside and I figure out the source of his excitement. The snow. "Brayls, that's actually snow!" he shouts, lifting up his head and opening his mouth as a snowflake falls into his mouth. I grin widely at his excitement.

We'd been in there long enough for the snow to have created a nice thick layer on the sidewalk. With Sebastian's back turned, I pull on my gloves and reach into the snow, patting it into a ball in my hands. When he turns around to say something to me, I chuck it right at his stomach.