Because of You

THE WALK TO Sebastian's car is far from graceful and the bouncer glares at the both of us as we walk out

THE WALK TO Sebastian's car is far from graceful and the bouncer glares at the both of us as we walk out. I'm assuming he figured out that we're not brothers and was regretting letting Sebastian into the bar.

Seb unlocks the door and lugs me to the passenger side, pulling the door open and sets me onto the seat. I clutch onto his shirt as he buckles me in, silently wishing for his blue eyes to look to mine. "Where do you go?" I whisper, the words slurring together just a bit.

His eyes finally find mine and his hands slow. "What?"

I reach up and tap his head with two fingers. "Where do you go?" I repeat, letting my hand fall down to his chest and onto his beating heart. "Where do you keep getting lost at?"

Sebastian's breaths turn shallow. He pushes my legs into the car carefully and then shuts the door, crossing onto the other side and sliding into the driver's seat. He starts the car and I turn my head to the left to look at him, finding that the action is harder than it usually would be. "Ash?" I ask, and his eyes flick to mine.

"'Ash?'" he repeats, voice incredulous. "You never call me Ash."

I shrug. "Was just trying it out," I respond. "I thought you hated me calling you by your full name, anyways."

"I used to," he admits, driving down the road. "Not anymore, though."

        I nod my head, too vigorously perhaps. My head begins pounding. "Did you forget it was my birthday yesterday?"

        I watch as his knuckles go white as he clenched the wheel. "No."

        He offered no more explanation and I could feel anger bubbling up in my chest. "So, what? You just showed up when you felt like it?"

        He looks over at me, face cold. "You're seriously pissed at me? Braylen, I had to pick you up because a bartender said you were too drunk to function!"

        I roll my eyes, running a hand through my hair. "I'm not too drunk to function!" I shout back but if he hears me, he doesn't show it.

        "And you're upset at me for what? Missing a couple of hours of your birthday celebration? I showed up, didn't I? I got you a damn present and I was there—"

        I shake my head to clear my thoughts. The alcohol wasn't helping. "No, don't do that. Don't make me sound crazy. I—"

        "I just don't know why you choose to spend your night sprawled out across the bar at a gay club, of all places—"

        "Because of you!" I yell, my voice cracking. His voice suddenly cuts out and he's looking at me again, eyes flashing in pain. I shake my head, looking out the window.

        "What?" he whispers.

        I take a deep breath and wipe my nose with the back of my hand. "Did I do something wrong? Because if it's not me then it's something else. Just tell me what I did. Tell me where your head goes. Please."