Interlude // Braylen Adams

DEAR MR. PETERSON,

Impasse. A situation in which no progress is possible, especially because of disagreement; a deadlock.

If you asked me what Sebastian and I were at this point, it'd be just that. We were at a dead end. I couldn't forgive myself for doing what I did to Hayley and I took a lot of it out on him.

Of course, he wasn't perfect either. He'd be the first person to tell you that.

He always thought that I was better than him; a better son, a better friend, a better person. But the truth is, I never had enough courage to tell him he'd gotten it wrong.

Sebastian Grey is the best person I've ever known. Selfless and strong and surprisingly kind. He was smarter than lots of people knew and he loved me as best as he knew how.

Clearly, that wasn't enough. Or I wouldn't be writing you this letter.

But back to the impasse. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to reach out to him but my stubbornness wouldn't let me. So I pushed my feelings down; I told myself that what I felt for Sebastian was just him manipulating me. I told myself that nothing that transpired between us was real. It was all make-believe.

Deep down, I think I knew that wasn't true. Sebastian and I had been such integral parts of each other's lives; there was no possible way that we were done.

- braylen adams.