Where You Go

TW// Violence, Gun Usage

SEBASTIAN AND I share a confused glance before he pushes me back onto the bed, heading for the door. I scramble to my feet instantly as anxiety courses through my veins. "What are you doing?" I hiss at him.

"I'm going to check it out," he responds in the same hushed tone I'd spoken in.

I scoff. "Like hell you are!"

Sebastian purses his lips in exasperation. "Stay here, Braylen."

"Like hell I am!" I respond back, walking over to him. "You hear gunshots and you decide to find the gunman? What type of lunatic does that?"

Sebastian licks his lips angrily. "Be smart about this, Braylen. Who would want to shoot up a New Year's party with a bunch of teenagers? One of those kids being Sebastian Grey."

Only one name pops in my brain. I'm sure it was the same one he was thinking.

"I have to go," he whispers, tone softer. "I'm not letting anybody get hurt because of me."

"It's too dangerous," I argue. "If you get hurt..."

"I won't."

I straighten up a bit. "I'm going with you."

Sebastian sighs. "Did you not hear the bit about me not letting people get hurt for my mistakes? That includes you, Brayls."

I grip his hand tightly, looping my fingers through his. "You want me to stay? Fine. You stay too. But if you walk out this door I will be right by your side. I go where you go."

Sebastian shuts his eyes tightly before wrapping me in a bone crushing hug. "I really, really hate you."

I smile into his chest. "I hate you, too."

    €

        Sebastian and I tiptoe through the bare hallway. I listen to the sound of his soft breaths and depend on them for keeping my heart calm. Sebastian keeps a firm grip on my hand, pulling me slowly behind him as we trek downstairs.

        "You really think it's Aaron?" I whisper as we walk to the staircase.

        "Makes sense, doesn't it?" Sebastian breathes. "Could be some idiots celebrating the year. We won't know until we know."

        I nod my head when I suddenly feel a cold hand on my wrist. I gasp and turn my head to see Hayley, her blue eyes wide in fear. I take in a breath and wrap her up into a hug, shutting my eyes tightly. We pull apart and she hugs Sebastian quickly. "What's going on? Is it Aaron?" she whispers.

        "We don't know," Sebastian murmurs. "Hayley, I need you to stay here, okay? It's not safe."

        Hayley shakes her head once. "Robyn, Devin, and Hunter are down there. I went to go find a bathroom. I can't leave them again!"