In and Out

TW// Mentions of Suicide

        "YOU HAVE TO hold still," I say, repositioning myself on Sebastian's lap. He kept squirming underneath me which made it ten times harder to keep my hand steady. "Otherwise, your eyeliner will be more like cheekliner. And I won't fix it."

        "Yeah, yeah," he says, tightening his hands on my bottom. "Why did I let you convince me to let you practice eyeliner on my eyes?"

         I chuckle as I finish up his left eye. "Because you like to see me happy."

         "Can't argue with that," he mumbles, opening his eyes to look at me. I blush underneath his eyes and lean down to peck his lips.

        "Okay," I whisper against his lips. "I'm done. Check it out."

        I slide off his lap and allow him to look into the mirror at himself. His hair was tousled, though he'd done that himself and he was wearing a pair of tan pants with a green vintage shirt, his muscles on full display. His eyes were an electric blue, made more noticeable with the eyeliner. "What do you think?" I ask, staring into the mirror with him.

         He pretends to ponder. "I think we should get to the restaurant already before I rip your clothes off and we don't make it at all."

        I swallow hard and nudge his shoulder. "You're so annoying," I groan, but the butterflies in my stomach say differently.

"I think we're doing things backwards," Sebastian muses. "Technically, I'm supposed to be picking you up for our date tonight. Not getting ready for it together."

I pout my lips at him. "Since when did we follow the rules? And, hey, I could've gone to go get you. Why would it be standard for you to come and pick me up?"

Sebastian's eyebrows furrow as he looks at me through the mirror. "You're serious?"

"Yeah, I am. I resent that, you know. Just because I bottom doesn't mean I can't be the gentleman in this relationship."

His brows furrow again but for another reason. "Bottom?" he repeats.

I lace up my Docs as I glare at him. "Yes. Bottom."

        "What the hell is that?" he responds, eyebrows pulling together.

        I pause. "Are you actually kidding me?"

"No?" he answers.

I giggle, smoothing out my meticulously styled hair. "Are you going to tell me what it means?" Sebastian asks, seeming playfully put out.

         "You should already know," I retort. "Being bisexual and all."

        He makes a face. "They didn't cover it at LGBTQ+ school."