Dry-humping and Balconies

"THOSE JEANS TOTALLY make your butt look fat," Robyn says, sending me a cocky grin and a wink

"THOSE JEANS TOTALLY make your butt look fat," Robyn says, sending me a cocky grin and a wink. I blush and blush harder because I know how red my face was getting. I was a blusher in all aspects of the word. "Don't be embarrassed Bray-bear. You have a nice butt."

I glower at her before ducking back into my closet. "Do we really have to go to this thing, Robs? I thought Fridays were reserved for cheap Chinese take-out and Harry Potter."

"We've already finished all eight movies," Robyn calls out as I slip on a blue denim jacket over my white tee. "Parties are a rite of passage for teenagers, which you'd know if you were a normal one!"

I run a hand through my hair and walk out the closet, making a face at her. "Normal? Robs, when have I been anything of the sort?"

She grimaces. "Yeah, that's true. So, I heard Ash might be at the party. You won't challenge him to a duel or anything, right?"

I frown. "Do you think Sebastian and I should stop our war? Since we're seniors now? It just feels a little childish."

"No way!" Robyn exclaims, jumping out of bed and adjusting her striped pants and crop top. I'd told her it was way too short for my liking, but it's not like she listens to me ever. "It's your turn to retaliate. Remember? In June he totally stole Mabel from you. Slept with her and everything!"

I blush again. "Yes, I remember, Robyn—"

"I mean, you really liked her! She didn't find your sarcasm a complete turn-off as most girls do and she was easy on the eyes. I mean, her boobs were way bigger than like half of the—"

"You sure you weren't the one with the crush, Robyn?" I ask and she laughs.

"I'm sure. Although, maybe my luck with girls would be better than with boys," she mutters with a sigh. "I'm going to find my husband at this party, right?"

I smile at her. "Yeah, sure. And I'll meet Oprah."

She smacks my chest excitedly. "Oh my God, I love Oprah! I wish she'd give us a car so we don't have to ride our bikes everywhere. Totally kills the vibe. But no, seriously. Do you really think I'll find somebody? Because if I don't it'll just have to be you. And no offense, but we'd totally make ugly babies even though we were both spit out by God herself."

"You'll find your Prince Charming someday, Robyn," I promise. "Until then...shoot for one of the townspeople first, yeah?"

"Yeah," Robyn agrees. "Well, for what it's worth, I hope you find your Cinderella at the party, too. Now put some shoes on and let's bounce!"

I barely have time to slip my Doc Martens on before she's dragging me by my hand, singing pop music at the top of her lungs as we parade through the house. Robyn was the best friend I could ask for. She was funny and bold and happy and everything that I wasn't. She was popular, too, which made me uncomfortable sometimes but I'd be known around school even if it weren't for her. And part of that was because of Sebastian Grey.