Clean Up

"I CAN'T BELIEVE Dean Windsor is actually making you two do this," Hayley moans, wrapping me up in a hug

"I CAN'T BELIEVE Dean Windsor is actually making you two do this," Hayley moans, wrapping me up in a hug. "Mondays are when we hang out."

I give her an impish grin as I hug her back. "Just one week, Hayley. And then we can go back to you force-feeding me reality TV shows until I want to puke."

"You love them," Hayley argues, pulling back from the hug a bit to see my face.

I shrug. "Well..."

Hayley laughs before pressing her lips to mine. I kiss her back easily, wrapping my hands around her waist and bringing her body closer to mine. She smiles in the kiss and tugs at my ratty sweater, nails digging into my back. Hayley doesn't hold back as she kisses me, fighting to take control of the kiss. I overpower her quickly, sliding my tongue into her mouth and trying very hard not to think how all of this felt like a lie.

I think of what Robyn said last week and sigh against her mouth. I needed to be honest with her about how I felt about Sebastian.

I begin to pull away from her to do just that when the sound of three car honks causes me to practically jump out of my skin.

Sebastian is there in his BMW, one arm hanging out the window and the other holding the steering wheel lazily. His face had almost completely healed up, save for a few yellowing bruises and he'd even been at school today. He was dressed similarly to me in casual clothes including a swim team hoodie and a black beanie that only left out tendrils of curls.

He's looking at me with an unrecognizable expression and it sends chills down my spine. I realize that tonight would be the start of a week filled to the brim of Sebastian Grey and nothing but Sebastian Grey, and my heart thumps rapidly in my chest.

"Today, Braylen," he calls out, voice emotionless. "Hi, Hayley," he adds on after a brief pause, though his voice has a little more inflection this time.

Hayley grins widely. "Hey, Ash. Take care of my boy here, will you?"

"Yeah. Of course," Sebastian says with a small smile.

I may have only imagined the sadness in his eyes at the words.

I lean down and give Hayley a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll talk to you later?"

"Have fun," she responds with a nod.

I make a face at her before grabbing my backpack and walking over to Sebastian's car. I climb into the front seat and smile hesitantly at him. "Hi," I mumble. "Ready for torture?"

Sebastian pretends to groan in agony and I laugh as he pulls away from my house. The radio plays softly as he drives, an old song that I can remember my mom playing some nights when she wasactually home for once. I shut my eyes and let the music warm up my bones. When I open them, Sebastian is looking over at me. I blush immediately as he glances back at the road. "What?"