Size Thirteen In Men's

SEBASTIAN TAPS THE steering wheel to the beat of the Christmas song on the radio

SEBASTIAN TAPS THE steering wheel to the beat of the Christmas song on the radio. He's driving with one hand, the other intertwined with mine. I tried not looking at him too much, but his sharp jawline was illuminated by the moonlight, his eyes focused on the road. He looked devastatingly stunning.

He glances over at me and I blush softly, turning my head to look out the window. "Where are we going again?" I ask, still blushing from him catching me staring.

        "You ask too many questions," Sebastian mumbles, shooting me a grin. I roll my eyes and focus on the sound of his singing instead, sighing contentedly.

        In no time at all we've arrived at a place so decked out in Christmas lights I can't even make out the main attraction. I squint hard as I try to force my eyes to focus on the scene ahead of me, the sounds of laughter and happy squeals reaching up through the car even as we park. Sebastian parks the car and I finally get an eyeful of what's in front of me.

There's a wide circle filled with people ice skating, smiling at each other in spite of the cold. I turn to Sebastian who's grinning like a little kid. "Ice skating," I spew, surprise welling up in my voice. "How did you know I—?"

"Well, I know you're from Maine where it actually gets cold," Sebastian starts, giving me a bashful look. "I asked Robyn to confirm but I figured it'd be nice. Give you a taste of of something you used to love. Is this okay?"

I scoff. "Of course! I loved ice skating back in Maine. I used to go with my school every winter. This is awesome, Sebastian, thank you!"

        He smiles again and mumbles out an embarrassed "you're welcome" as I jump out of the car, eager to start skating. He follows me up to the booth to get my shoes, slapping down the money quickly. I frown. "You're not skating?" I ask as I notice he hadn't informed the teller what size skates he needed.

        "I can't," he mumbles. "Malibu, born and raised, remember?"

        I roll my eyes and turn to look at him fully. "If I can learn to surf, you can learn to skate." I turn back to the teller and grin. "One more please. Thirteens."

"How do you know my shoe size?" Sebastian asks incredulously, raising his eyebrows.

"Let's not worry about that," I mumble as the man hands us both of our skates. I grab his hand and drag him to the small locker room area to put on our skates. When we're done I stand up excitedly, huffing out a breath of cold air. "Well, come on! The ice isn't getting any colder."

Sebastian inhales sharply, placing his hands on his knees. "This isn't going to be good, Brayls."

"Come on! This is my Christmas present! You have to do it with me," I argue. Sebastian looks up at me and then slowly stands, slipping a bit on the wet floors. I grab his forearm to keep him from falling as a rare blush fills up his face. I fight back a laugh as he straightens up, glowering at me.