Half-Happy Ending

TW// Sensitive topics found after the "***"

        I THOUGHT I knew what it felt like to be kissed by Sebastian Grey but he'd been holding out on me. Because as he kissed me now, his lips moving fiercely against mine and his tongue dancing with my own, I felt timeless. I felt free. I felt loved.

        This is what it feels like to be his.

        There were a few gasps and whispers circling around the room now but every time one of them trickled in, I just kissed him harder. His hands had wound themselves in my hair and I was clutching onto his suit jacket, halfway pulling him closer to me and halfway holding myself up. I was sure I was going to pass out from everything he was doing to me, his fingers probing my scalp and his lips pressing against mine. I was intoxicated by him.

        He pulls away from me slowly and there's a sadness etched in his eyes. "Do you want to have a dance with me?"

        I balk. I'd expected him to say a million other things than that. But all I do is nod.

        He takes my hand and guides me towards the dance floor and I burrow my body next to his as I try and fail to tune out the words of our peers.

        "So they're gay? And together? Did anyone see this coming?"

        "I can believe Braylen is gay, but Ash? He's slept with half the female population. at this school!"

        "Sexuality is a spectrum, Billy! I think it's cute. Enemies to lovers."

        "They're the last two people I'd ever expect to be together."

        "Fair enough, but it's kind of hot!"

        I shake my head softly to clear the words from my mind and he wraps me up into the pose we'd learned during waltz class. The dance was a little awkward considering we both only knew the male parts and since Sebastian can't dance.

         Still, we manage. Our bodies mold into each other and we forgo the usual waltz poses and instead, I wrap my arms around his neck, and his around my waist. "You look amazing," he whispers to me, his pink lips barely moving.

        I shake my head softly. "I can't believe I just did that."

        Sebastian smiles softly. "I can," he whispers back. "I don't think you know how much you've grown, Braylen. I mean, you were never a pushover. Not in the slightest. But you're becoming who you really are, B. I can see it all the time."

        I chuckle softly. "I feel different. I feel less afraid. Confident. I think it's because of you."

        His smile turns sad around the edges. "It's not me, B. This guy...he was always inside of you. Maybe I helped bring him out but that's it. This was all you."