Chapter 46

____________________________________

"I'm gay."

"Cool," Antonio quips inattentively, tapping aggressively at his phone with his eyes squinting hard at the brightened screen.

Kinsey's eyebrows pull up as humanely possible with her eyes averting over to Antonio's detachment from the situation. She tries not to snap her head over too fast since she is currently in the middle of driving. Her left-hand sticks to the leather steering wheel but her eyes consistently flicker from the wide four-lane street to the idiot sitting in her passenger seat. Her right arm rests on the center console as a fist spontaneously forms.

"I'm gay," Kinsey emphasizes, clearing her throat with a low cough. Her teeth clench apprehensively as silence roams through her two-door car. Why do I feel the need to tell everyone? It's none of their business yet I always end up sharing. Maybe I think telling more people will make me feel more comfortable about it. But I know I'm gay... right?

The blondish tight curls that constitute the top of Antonio's head dangle loosely over his forehead as his neck cranes downwards, giving him a better view of his phone. The dark brown undercut emphasizes the brown-blonde ombré transition from his buzzed scalp to his voluminous curls.

A soft, but subtle pout plays out on his full lips. The boy sighs exasperatedly, "Kinsey, I heard you the first time. I get it, you're happy," Antonio scoffs, rolling his eyes before drawing them back to his phone.

"No, dumbfuck." Kinsey groans, throwing her free arm up in the air upon realizing just how truly slow her friend is. This motherfucker. Kinsey pulls enough of her sanity and patience together to resume, "I-I think I'm half lesbian or some shit."

The blonde shrugs her shoulders, admitting to the deep-seated confusion she has battled with in regards to her sexuality. To be honest, Kinsey doesn't know what she classifies herself to be at this point. She is obviously still attracted to guys, having caught herself taking several casual glances at her old flings (hookups) around the school. But on the other hand, girls are looking really amazing too. Of course, there's only one girl constantly on her mind,  but Kinsey can appreciate beauty when she sees it.

"Oh," Antonio prolongs, slowly raising his head from his phone. His natural pouty lips form an o-shape with his brows rising to an entirely new level. Faint wrinkles form on his forehead, enhancing the expression of his genuine realization. He turns his head towards the driving blonde, granting her a sheepish smile. "That kind of gay."

Kinsey tightens her lips and scrunches her brows together, nodding to confirm Antonio's assumptions. Yeah, that kind of gay.

"So, you and the goth chick?" Antonio further inquires, moving on from the striking realization rather quickly. The larger male starts to make himself comfortable in Kinsey's car by reclining his seat all the way back, allowing his large body to follow in succession, melting into the tight leather. He brushes his hair back before carelessly dropping his phone in his lap.