Chapter 30

____________________________________

The bell rings, signifying the start of the next school day. Jade sits anxiously in her desk in her first-period class as she consistently glances over at the empty desk two rows away.

Lucia's visit and Melanie's encouragement is what finally got the brunette out of the confines of her bedroom and back to school. Of course, she missed a shit ton of assignments for only missing a day, but that is the least of worries since she is definitely capable of finishing them up within the next two days. Her real worries are set in seeing a certain dirty blonde runningback.

Her fingers rhythmically tap against the polished wood table as her eyes dart from the door to Mrs. Rodriguez at her computer to the empty desk on the other side of McClain. The cycle of stares seemingly never-ending causing her to look like a malfunctioning robot in the midst of her peers. McClain catches the sight in her peripheral, ultimately coming to the decision that the brunette would be somebody that she'd rather steer clear of for the rest of the school year.

Jade's eyes continue to blink back and forth until a certain football player walks through the door.

Jade's heart stops once she spots the dirty blonde, with her hair tied up in a messy high ponytail and her signature resting bitch face, making her look all the more badass. The oversized dark denim jacket she has on over a plain white t-shirt, hangs down to the blonde's mid-thigh, drawing Jade's eyes to the huge rips in the tight black jeans that show off a bit of her toned upper thighs. The look ultimately comes together with a pair of combat boots to cement the hardcore essence Kinsey naturally exudes once she steps foot into the classroom.

Jade nods approvingly, focusing in on the plain black combat boots, comparing them to her own pair. Someone's got taste.

Kinsey doesn't notice Jade yet as she becomes busy with talking down Mrs. Rodriguez from giving her detention for being tardy. When she's done using her charms on the teacher, she starts making her way down the endless row of desks. Her eyes slowly scan the back of the class, until a glimpse of wavy brown hair catches her attention. Of course, there are many students in the class sporting brown locks but the imperfect middle part and the way the sunlight shooting through the window creates faint streaks of highlight on the strands cause Jade to stand out. Kinsey's eyes widen momentarily at the sight before she turns her eyes elsewhere, refusing to acknowledge the girl staring back at her as she continues to her desk.

Her heart races and the familiar nervousness she feels only around Jade makes a reappearance. A part of the blonde is appeased to see the brunette back in school, using it as reassurance that their kiss didn't completely scar the girl. She's content with knowing that she's okay, but her integrity also wants to suppress that part of herself as she ignores the burning glances of Jade from her peripheral view.