Chapter 15

____________________________________

015-xxx-xxxx
you up?

Jade's heart clenches, since she has an idea as to who it is.

She's never been in a situation like this. She's never had crushes because all of them so happened to be people of the same gender. The brunette would never allow herself to have such feelings because they weren't right. She's always condemned her unnatural and unorthodox feelings to the same sex, but the current fluttering in her heart overlooks those thoughts.

She clutches the naked, case-less phone in hand as she makes her way over to the bed. The King-sized memory foam mattress covered in plain beige linen bedding, sinks in to conform to Jade's bottom half as the smaller-framed brunette takes a seat.

She gently presses her thumb against the sleek black circle on the phone, unlocking it and coming face-to-face with the text message from the random number that she obviously assumes is Kinsey.

Of course I am. It's only six.

Hey! No one asked for that sass, girly.

Jade tentatively squints at the text before her. Something about it seems off. This isn't something the Kinsey would say. Where's the smart-ass response or the arrogant flare?

Who's this?

Lucia, of course! I'm hurt. I thought you would have already saved my number. 😔

Jade freezes for a second before thanking the universe that she didn't hint at who she expected to text her. Certainly, Jade is glad that she didn't give herself away but she is partially disappointed that it isn't the blonde.

Sorry, I just forgot about you.

Jade mentally facepalms at her text, knowing that it will be misinterpreted. It didn't sound as fucked up in her head. It's like social awkwardness runs through her blood, making it nearly impossible for her to communicate like a decent human being.

Oh... it's okay. Anyways, Jadeeeeee immmm boreddd af.

Wow, that sucks.

Ugh, you should feel bad for meee.

What's with the repeating letters.

Don't text shame. 😑 How rudeeeee.

Jade shakes her head as she engulfs herself in this text convo. She realizes the extent to which Lucia's personality extends. This girl is extra all across the board.