Chapter 21

____________________________________

Kinsey opens her bedroom door and motions for Jade to head in first.

"Wow, what a gentleman," Jade teases as she awkwardly hops through the doorway. Her jitters subside as she battles with finding comfort and accepting that she is stepping foot into Kinsey Scott's bedroom, alone.

Kinsey scoffs at the remark, following Jade through the door. Despite her exterior, she smiles internally at the adorable way the brunette just hopped into the doorway. As of late, Kinsey has been finding amusement in the brunette's little quirks. To her surprise she notices them, she's usually not the one pay attention but she's found herself interested in the brunette's peculiar actions.

To the brunette's surprise, the room is clear and spacious with nothing left out of place. The all-white comforter and linen are neatly folded into place like a bed at a hotel. The only mess that can be found is the pile of practice jerseys and workout clothes that lay in a corner by Kinsey's nightstand. She wonders if Kinsey is a secret neat freak, but she immediately shuts down the thought as Kinsey suddenly adds to the pile by chucking her bags over to the specific corner.

"So, what now," The blonde proposes as she looks intently at the brunette for some sort of direction. Jade doesn't answer, leaving Kinsey in a pit of silence for an uncomfortable amount of time.

The blonde stares strangely at the brunette who seems too encapsulated by the various trophies and medallions that make up the large wooden shelf against one of the bedroom walls.

The blonde doesn't dare interrupt as Jade's position gives her the perfect chance to leer at the girl's creamy, silky legs that are cut off by the short plaid mini-skirt she is wearing. Her current thoughts overwhelmed with being the one to remove that skirt and explore...

"You have a lot of trophies."

"What?" Kinsey chokes as she snaps her head up to focus on the brunette that just said something.

Jade looks back at Kinsey with an endearing smirk, "I said, you have a fuck ton of trophies. Wish I was that talented," Jade adds offhandedly, going back to reading all the pieces of gold and silver that had 'Kinsey Scott' engraved in them.

Kinsey finds Jade's fascination cute. The way her usual stone-cold features soften into pure innocence and curiosity. "It's really nothing much. Half of them were for participation," Kinsey reasons as she crosses her arms over her chest and casually walks where the brunette is on the other side of the room.

"Yeah, they totally engrave every player's name on their own trophy to satisfy their own selfish desire to succeed at something. I don't think that's how participation trophies work," Jade smartmouths with sarcasm enveloped all throughout her statement.

"Damn, you got me. And here I was trying my hand at being humble. I'm pretty badass aren't I?" Kinsey states, cockily standing behind the brunette.

"Is that what you think? That's why you made that your cringey social media handle?" Jade stops to quirk a brow at the self-absorbed blonde.

"Yes. Yes, it is. And I have no shame about it."

Kinsey holds her head high in confidence, while Jade rolls her eyes and turns herself back around to look at the symbols of success and athleticism.

"How do you feel whenever you get one?" Jade offhandedly questions, her back still facing the blonde.

Kinsey scoffs, "Is that supposed to be another jab at my ego?"

"No, I'm serious. How does it feel to be celebrated for something?"

Now it's Kinsey's turn to be confused by the brunette's words.

"Um, I guess it feels good... satisfying maybe." She looks up and down at Jade trying to read her expression but she finds nothing. The brunette's face is blank, almost like she may be thinking but you can't tell how that thinking is making her feel.

"It probably makes you feel like you're doing something right, " Jade continues in her almost daze-like state.

"Well, I haven't given it deep thought but yeah that makes sense. I do feel more confident in what I'm doing if that's what you mean by that."

Jade remains straight-faced.

"Jade, is there something you wanna talk about?" Kinsey asks genuinely confused by the brunette's sudden change in mood. Even though they are relatively strangers, Kinsey's instinct tells her that something way deeper is going way over her head. The way the brunette's actual name rolls off her tongue shows how semi-serious she is.

"No, I-," Jade starts, collecting herself as she snaps out of her abrupt reflection. "I'm just trying to come up with ideas for our project. Seeing these trophies gave me an idea."

Kinsey doesn't buy that shit for a second but she follows along as a means of lightening the dampened mood of the room.

"Oh, okay... What did you have in mind? I'm a little lost." Kinsey questions with thoughts heavy on her mind. She wants to find out where the brunette was going with the conversation but she doesn't want to pressure her too much.

"Why don't we do a debate on why society feels the need to celebrate or be celebrated in order to feel validated. Our general basis could be the foundation of society and why it holds so much influence in how the world works," Jade explains in a bout of bridled excitement as she turns around with a smile on her face.

The genuine smile radiates from Jade to Kinsey, causing the blonde to crack a smirk at how excited Jade seems to suddenly feel. Kinsey has no clue what the brunette just said, but she can't seem to keep a straight face at the way the brunette's full beaming grin exposes the faint dimples she has on the corners of her mouth. Kinsey will admit she has never seen something so pretty and pure.

"Okay smarty pants, let's start this shit. I'm ready to get this over with," Kinsey sets forth, shaking her head at how she can't stop herself from smiling at Jade's presence. At this point, she knows she's fucked.

________<~>________

Hey loves! ❤️ I honestly missed you guys. I want y'all to make sure that you stay safe and keep those around you safe.

...
What do you guys think of this one? It's kind of a filler but I feel like it reveals some more about the two. What is your take?