Chapter 61

____________________________________

"Yeah, the food is still on the stove! Give me ten more minutes, babes!" Jade hollers from the kitchen level to the blonde residing upstairs in her bedroom.

"I'm starving!" Kinsey grumbles from upstairs in the bedroom with the door left wide open. The blonde just got out of the shower with a white towel wrapped around her body. She'll be honest, she's never showered in such a nice shower before. There even was a bidet in the fucking toilet for fuck's sake. Sometimes Kinsey forgot how loaded Jade is for someone who very rarely flaunts her wealth.

Jade never likes to let people know that she comes from money since that never ended well, but she always found a way to accidentally expose that part of her life. Like the time she asked her friend in fourth grade if they had issues with their nanny too.

Kinsey basks in the luxuries that come with Jade's wealth in the form of an old tank top. She slips on one of Jade's faded cropped tanks over her naked upper half. She wasn't going to wear her own stinky workout clothes after taking her shower, but she also wanted something comfy. She settled on the tank since Jade left her to decide whatever she wanted to wear from the huge walk-in fucking closet. Kinsey is a simple woman. She sees a simple tank that smells like Jade, she wears the simple tank.

At least Jade was nice enough to donate an unused pair of thongs to the blonde. But it made Kinsey wonder why Jade had so many lace thongs in her possession. In all her experiences with Jade, the brunette always had on some lace shit. Maybe that is her kink or something. Kinsey wouldn't take Jade for the casual thong wearer, but she's been proven wrong on more than one occasion with this girl.

"I'm still hungry!" Kinsey whines again for good measure.

"Quit complaining. Be grateful that I'm cooking for you while not burning this house down!" Jade combats, staring intensely at her phone screen as she bites down on her bottom lip.

Her rounded, saucer-like eyes scatter across the screen, watching intently as the little black car icon spins around on the virtual map. The estimated time of arrival is in five minutes.

Jade had ordered Uber Eats since her first attempt at broiling chicken ended with the meat still being raw after 30 minutes in the pot. She swears that she watched the YouTube tutorial close enough, rewinding now and then to catch the way the sweet old Asian woman prepped the chicken.

The piece of meat she specifically bought yesterday had to be defective somehow in Jade's inexperienced opinion. There is no way she could fail this badly at chicken.

The brunette didn't have a clue as to how or why this didn't work out, but all she knows is that she has to continue to impress Kinsey somehow. She knows how hungry the blonde must be.

Today is her day to treat Kinsey like fucking royalty, despite failing at boiling fucking chicken. So, to make up for her shortcomings, she opted to order a simple, quick, and traditional American dish: cheeseburgers and fries. Kinsey's favorite, or at least one of the foods she enjoys that Jade has the ability of providing her.